According to the Website:
Pamper your skin with the goodness of natural extracts from green tea and grape seed. The Bodyography Foundation Primer Veil Clear is completely oil free weightless primer with the best formulation of anti-oxidants, vitamins A and E. Suitable for all skin types, it acts as a rejuvenated therapy for dull and tired looking skin giving it a soft, silky smooth and flawless base. A major hit amongst professional make-up artists the Veil Foundation Primer comes in mesmerizing shades of clear, bronzing and shimmer formulas.
• Extends wear of foundation.
• Won’t irritate sensitive skin.
• Over time, aides in evening out skin tone.
• Can be used under wet / dry formulas (allow a few minutes for primer to set).
• Veil foundation primer is safe for under eye use.
My Experience with Bodyography Veil Foundation Primer in Clear:
This is my first high-end US brand primer and am I impressed? Yes, super impressed with this one. :happydance:
I happened to find this primer on HealthKart website and thought of trying it and bought the smaller pack whose price was less and the online reviews were just enough to tempt me to try this primer.
So, here is what I felt. I love that the Veil Foundation Primer creates a smooth surface for any foundation. My makeup just glides on over the primer. Applied to the face before foundation, their primer repairs and smoothens the skin to make foundation creaseproof with long-lasting results. A little goes a long way and I’ve never seen the stuff peel off or flake up makeup:
The first time I used it, I tried swiping in on my hand first and then apply it on the face like any normal cream/moisturizer, but it is so light in texture that it instantly got absorbed in my palm itself, so from then, I directly apply it in small dots on my face and then spread it. It’s a sheer pleasure to touch this primer; it’s even softer than silk and just vanishes like magic into the skin within milliseconds and the effect you get is awesome. Your skin feels utterly and tremendously soft and smooth. The foundation or the TM spreads so easily and their effect gets increased. I mean the glow and intensity of the same old makeup increases manifolds. :mirror:
The makeup stays for 7 hours even in the sun, in a non-AC environment, in the kitchen and while doing your normal household stuff, the makeup stays intact; I have checked this 3 times. I did not find the need of any touch-up even after 6 hours. After that, I just used my compact very lightly to do away with the slightly oily sheen on my face and again, I looked fresh. It is a lovely product and one must actually try it to see how wonderful it is. :haanji:
Pros of Bodyography Veil Foundation Primer in Clear:
- Makes the skin very soft and smooth.
- Acts as an awesome base on which your normal makeup looks more vibrant.
- Makes the makeup last for 6-7 hours easily without the need for any touch-up even in a non-AC environment.
- Did not result in any breakout of anything on my normal to dry skin.
- Texture is gel like which takes unbelievable less amount of time to spread and get absorbed by the skin.
- Extremely lightweight and gives a nothing-has-been-applied kind of a feel, but in fact, makes the skin silk-like smooth in texture.
- A pea-sized amount is needed to cover the full face and neck region.
- It even reduces the amount that is needed of your normal makeup; say the TM or the foundation.
- The foundation on top of this primer goes on very smoothly and blends effortlessly with the fingers alone and no need to set it using a makeup sponge or anything.
- Available on HealthKart website in a trial pack of 15 ml, which anyone can get and use before spending on the bigger bottle.
- Does not make the skin oily or greasy even after keeping it on for a whole day. You can even let go of your daily moisturizer.
Cons of Bodyography Veil Foundation Primer in Clear:
- Price is on the higher end. The smaller pack costs Rs. 330 and the bigger around Rs. 1300/-.
- Availability is an issue as I have seen it available only on healthkart website and others, but online that is.
- Does not conceal any mark or redness on the face. For that, you have to try the tinted versions of the same.
Do I Recommend/Will I Repurchase:
Hell Yes!!! I am just waiting for some special occasion, so that I can grab the bigger package of the same. Till then, I am going to use this one sparingly and will keep it safe for special times only.
Have You Used Bodyography Veil Foundation Primer Before? Please Rate in the Box Below:
Skin Primer : Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer
MAC Prep and Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin