Someone has rightly said, “Love is blind!” Though this profound sentence may not mean much to all, but at some point of time in our lives, we all have been in love and at that time, nothing else matters, just you and your special one! The intense feelings of love are not just restricted to commoners, even our famous Bollywood divas haven fallen head-over-heels in love. What is special about today’s article is that I have penned down a list of 10 Bollywood celebs who have found love across borders and seas, and have broken the shackles of nationality and found their “happily ever-after” souls in foreigners. Let’s see 8 Bollywood Actresses Who Got Married To Foreigners:
1. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas: When I think about a Bollywood actress who found love got married to a foreigner, the name that first tops the list is “Priyanka Chopra”. Bold, beautiful, and uber hot Priyanka Chopra married her knight in shining armour, musician Nick Jonas in a dreamy, fairytale wedding at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Rajasthan in 2018. Sparks flew off between the Desi Girl and The American Boybander and Singer when Nick Jonas at the Met Gala 2017 and the rest is history. The two got hitched in a lavish fat wedding ceremony at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur last year. Popularly called as “Prick”, this cute couple has given us hashtag #couplegoals.
2. Preity Zinta and Gene Goodenough: Though this cute, dimpled beauty is not active in Bollywood these days, she still makes her presence felt with her dazzling smile. She is yet another celeb who has proved that love knows no boundaries and chose to marry a business tycoon, Gene Goodenough in 2016 after dating him for a while. Her businessman hubby is based in the US. Their relationship has been growing strong with time and the duo is surely enjoying the best of marital bliss.
3. Celina Jaitley and Peter Haag: This beauty pageant winner and former Miss India tried her luck in Bollywood but did not attain much success. Celina Jaitley, who has been away from the silver screen for quite some time is now leading a happy married life. She is married to an Austrian, Peter Haag, who is a businessman based in Dubai. The couple is based abroad now and are parents to two set of twins, but unfortunately, the couple lost one of the babies. Their marriage is going steady and strong and we wish the couple best wishes for their future.
4. Radhika Apte and Benedict Taylor: This bold actress had become a hot favourite among the gossip mongers for her bold scenes. Not to forget, she definitely stuns us with her acting skills. We all know that her last Bollywood flick, “Andhadhun” did so well at the box office. She is also in news due to her marriage to British musician, Benedict Taylor. The couple is going strong in their married life and this Bollywood diva is also doing well on the silver screen.
5. Shriya Saran and Andrei Koshcheev: This actress had been linked to her co-stars in South Indian film industry, but she brushed away all those rumors and chose Russian entrepreneur, Andrei Koshcheev, as her life partner. He is also an established tennis player. The duo tied the knot last year on March 19, 2018 in a secret ceremony in Udaipur and presently are enjoying their marital life totally. She has also acted in a couple of B-town movies, but hasn’t been able to find her foothold in Hindi film industry.
6. Lisa Ray and Jason Dehni: This Indo-Candian actress is a rolemodel for all of us. The way she has battled cancer and come out of it unscathed proves how strong she is. This popular model of Bombay Dyeing in India and a couple of other brands can straight away be put in the list of celebs who got hitched to foreigners. She got married to Jason Dehni, a management consultant, in California, U.S.A. in the scenic Napa Valley which is a dream destination when it comes to weddings. The wedding was an amalgamation of both Indian and Lebanese traditions and she chose Satya Paul for her D-day.
7. Aashka Goradia and Brent Globe: This actress found her soulmate in Las Vegas. The actress was in Vegas for a concert where she met her husband, Brent Globe who was hosting the VIP section. He is a weapons instructor and range safety officer in Las Vegas. Her husband made the first move by locating to India to be with his partner, such a good example of a spouse supporting their better half. The couple had a Christian wedding on the 1st of December, 2017, followed by a Hindu wedding on the 3rd of December, 2017, in Ahmedabad.
8. Suchitra Pillai and Lars Kjeldsen: This dusky actress got hitched to Lars Kjeldsen, an engineer from Denmark in 2005. We have seen a glimpse of her acting skills in “Fashion” and “Calendar Girls” which clearly shows how talented an actress she is. The pair has a beautiful daughter, Annika and currently residing in Mumbai. Though not counted as an A-list actress in Bollywood, she is in our today’s list for being hitched to a foreigner.
Hope you guys enjoyed reading this spicy piece from Bollywood. Tell us which of these jodis is your favorite in the comments section.