Our society dictates that it is mandatory for a person to complete education and have degrees to become successful, but this article will all those notions wrong. In fact, passion is more important than anything else. Life is all about making right and wise decisions. Talking about the entertainment industry, in particular Bollywood, education is not a parameter to measure success. A majority of the stars have not even completed college education and some of them are even school dropouts. But these beauties are super-successful today and earn in millions. They actually set an example for us that it is not always needed to follow the orders of the society, you can carve your own path and success story. In this article, we have listed 10 Bollywood Actresses Who Never Graduated.
1. Priyanka Chopra: This former Miss World 2000 and Ms. Jonas may have the world at her fingertips and is known for her bold avtaar. But do you know that you have one thing that she doesn’t? A graduation degree! Yes, Pee-Cee who is one of the most sought-after actresses in both Bollywood and Hollywood. She has done her schooling in different places in India and USA. She wanted to be a criminal psychologist and joined Jai Hind College in Mumbai, but she has not finished her graduation. Right after she won the Miss World title in 2000, she quit her graduation studies and rather focused on her acting career and Bollywood.
2. Aishwarya Rai: Yeah!! You have read it right! One of the most beautiful woman in the world and also our Former beauty Queen and Miss World Pageant winner, also known as “Beauty with Brains” has not completed her graduation studies. As a student, she has always performed excellently and wanted a career in the architecture domain for which she enrolled herself in a college. But right after her Miss World crowning, things changed overnight and soon she made her entry into the Bollywood industry. As high end modelling assignments and brand offers came her way, she considered it a better option to focus in the modelling industry than on her studies and since then she has never looked back.
3. Alia Bhatt: One of the most successful contemporary actresses in the Bollywood Bandwagon, this cute member from the Bhatt family knew from the very beginning that she was meant to shine in the Bollywood industry and followed the family tradition to tread her path into the glamour world. Though she has completed her school education before joining the film industry. But post the success of “Student of the Year”, offers started pouring in and she had to bid a farewell to studies.
4. Deepika Padukone: Words fall short to describe her beauty. You may be surprised to know that the Reigning Queen of Bollywood and also one of the highest-paid actresses in the industry does not own a graduation degree. She had to leave her studies midway to focus on her acting career. Initially, she enrolled herself into Mount Carmel College, Bangalore but she couldn’t complete her studies there. She also enrolled for a short term course in IGNOU for further studies, but could never complete it. She had to sacrifice one to get the other and her glorifying bollywood today shows that she made the right choice by doing so.
5. Sonam Kapoor: This bold actress who is also known to speak her mind regrets that she could not complete her graduation. This fashionista and Bollywood star is a college dropout too. Sonam enrolled at a college but soon she assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali for “Black.” The director liked her work and gave her the first Bollywood break in “Saawariya”. And from then, there was no looking back. She had to focus on her filmy career due to which she had to quit studies.
6. Kareena Kapoor Khan: Gorgeous Bebo is also a college dropout. She did her schooling from Dehradun’s Welham Girls School and Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. She was always interested to begin her career in law and also enrolled herself in a college for that. But the glitz and glamour of the showbiz industry fascinated her more than anything else. And there is every reason for being so, definitely owing to the rich and successful acting career the Kapoor family is known for. She left law college after Bollywood offers started rolling in. Today, one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood and also mother to a cute baby boy, Taimur, she has made everything work in her favour, even without a degree.
7. Katrina Kaif: This British actress never attained formal school education and travelled to different parts of the world. Her parents got divorced early and since then her mother took complete care of her schooling. Due to relocation issues, she had to be home-schooled and could never go to school. She started her modelling career at an early age of 14 and soon after she joined Bollywood. The rest as we know is history. Currently, one of the A-lister actresses of Bollywood is rocking high on her success ride and has a number of films lined up for release.
8. Kangana Ranaut: We know Kangana more for her controversial issues than for her films. Her recent release, Manikarnika was also in the face of so many controversies. A truly gifted actor, Kangana always aspired to become a doctor but her dreams got shattered when she low marks in a test. Soon after, she quit studies and focused on modelling and finally acting. Being a small town girl, she had her own set of hurdles and rejections, but this leading lady has now established an invincible position in Bollywood.
9. Karisma Kapoor: Karisma Kapoor was one of the most successful actresses of the 1990’s. She made an early entry into Bollywood at the age of 16. It will be wrong to say that she is a college dropout. In fact, she had not finished her school also. She dropped out at 6th standard for pursuing a career in the Bollywood industry. Though, she is away from the silver screen these days, she was definitely one of the celebrated actresses of her time.
10. Kajol: This popular actress has not only entered the showbiz industry but has also made it big there. Her passion and scintillating looks made her one of the most prominent stars of her times. And we all know the price she had to pay for it. She is also yet another actress who couldn’t complete her schooling after she got her first break at “Bekhudi”. Soon after, as Bollywood Success got in the path of education, she eventually quit studies and focused fully on acting.
Here, comes the end of this list. Are you aware of any other actress who couldn’t complete graduation? Let us know in the comments below. Hope you enjoyed reading this.