Shibani Dandekar is the new entrant in the list of Bollywood brides who shunned the traditional red lehenga, and she in fact, broke the stereotype, and made a bold statement by wearing a red mermaid gown instead. She is not alone, before her, many celebs ditched the red lehenga look and picked up something very unconventional. Check out these Bollywood brides who let go of red lehenga on their wedding day
1. Shibani Dandekar: Wait, it’s a lehenga, no it’s a gown! But it’s definitely not a traditional red lehenga that we see so commonly in weddings. Shibani Dandekar looked like a dream in a mermaid gown designed by Monica and Karishma’s Jade brand for her wedding to director/actor Farhan Akhtar on February 19th, 2022. She also wore a trailing red veil to add to the whole gown look.
2. Patralekha: Rajkumar Rao and Patralekha had two wedding ceremonies – one where she wore a red bridal saree and the other an intimate white wedding ceremony where she looked resplendent in white Jade by Monica and Karishma outfit.
3. Kareena Kapoor: Though there are not many wedding pics available of Kareena Kapoor, we know that she wore a vintage sharara that her mother-in-law Sharmila Tagore had worn for her own wedding to Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi in 1962. This bridal attire actually belonged to Sharmila Tagore’s mother in law, Sajida Begum! The heirloom sharara was revived by designer Ritu Kumar and the ensemble had a tissue rust-orange kurta with matching dupatta heavily done in gold embroidery, and shararas with a green border, along with zardosi and gota work done on the outfit.
4. Aishwarya Rai: It has been rumored that Aishwarya Rai wore a 75-lakh worth golden Kanjeevaram saree for her wedding back in 2007. This saree was designed by Neeta Lulla and was studded completely with Swarovski crystals and gold thread work.
5. Mouni Roy: When she decided to tie the knot with her malayali boyfriend, Suraj Nambiar, on January 27th, 2022, she chose traditional white kerala bridal saree along with temple jewellery.
6. Anushkha Sharma: Finally, Anushka Sharma looked like a dream in her blush pink wedding outfit designed by designer Sabysachi Mukherjee, and till today, brides take inspiration from her look.
10 Sabyasachi Brides From Bollywood
10 Bollywood Brides and Their Incredible Wedding Jewellery