The nation went into a collective gasp on April 14, 2022, when Alia Bhatt appeared hand-in-hand with her husband Ranbir Kapoor, in an ivory organza saree with a beautiful veil, walking straight out of fairytale setting. Keeping true to her unique style, Alia ditched red lehenga and opted for a muted and minimalistic theme. Here are some other actresses who ditched the red lehenga and picked saree as their wedding out.
1. Alia Bhatt: Starting with Alia Bhatt, she chose an ivory toned saree with a veil with her marriage date embroidered on it. She also wore minimal makeup and jewellery from the Sabyasachi Heritage Jewellery, leaving her hair open. Her groom, Ranbir Kapoor, wore a matching ivory sherwani from the same designer. Also read: “5 Beauty Tips To Steal From Alia Bhatt.”
2. Yami Gautam: Yami married her “Uri” director Aditya Dhar in a traditional wedding ceremony in her hometown in Himachal Pradesh. No designer for this simpleton bride, who wore her mother’s 33-year-old red saree. We cannot get over this simple and gorgeous bride even days after her wedding.
3. Deepika Padukone: For her South Indian wedding ceremony to actor Ranveer Singh, Deepika wore a kanjeevaram saree from Angadi Galleria, Bengaluru. Also read: “8 Different Ways To Wear Kurtis Like Deepika Padukone.”
4. Katrina Kaif: Not exactly for her wedding, but for her pre-bridal shoot, Katrina wore a blush pink floral embroidered saree with a full flowing veil, embedded with beads and crystals.
5. Shilpa Shetty: This evergreen sticked to the color red but chose a red saree with Swarovski crystals woven in, by designer Tarun Tahiliani.
6. Aishwarya Rai: For her wedding to actor Abhishek Bachchan in 2007, Aishwarya Rai wore a heavy gold Kanjeevaram saree by designer Neeta Lulla, that if rumours are to be believed, cost a whopping 75 lakh rupees. Also read: “5 Beauty Tips To Steal From Aishwarya Rai.”
7. Dia Mirza: She picked a bright red Banarasi saree for her wedding to businessman Vaibhav Rekhi.
8. Vidya Balan: She wore a Sabyasachi bridal outfit, but this time, the designer chose to pick a red saree for Vidya.
9. Kajol: When she tied the knot with Ajay Devgan, she wore a traditional green saree for her Marathi wedding.
10. Genelia D’Souza: Riteish Deshmukh’s wedding to Genelia was a lavish affair spread over many days. She got married in a traditional Hindu Maharashtrian ceremony in red saree designed by Neeta Lulla and then later in the Church in a white wedding gown. Her white wedding gown was designed by Shantanu and Nikhil.