Bollywood actresses often look younger than they are – Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai, Shilpa Shetty, Malaika Arora do not actually like they are in their 40s! We often wonder why! They seem to have some beauty secrets to keep their skin youthful, and it’s more than botox, dermal fillers, and laser therapy. And most of their skincare secrets are easy to follow at home. In this post, we list down popular celebrity approved beauty tips to look young.
1. Ice Facial: Now, do we even need to mention how gorgeous Katrina Kaif looks onscreen and offscreen, and does not even need a speck of makeup because she indeed does have flawless skin. Do you know that she dunks her face in a bowl of ice every morning – it’s the easiest and quickest way to instantly awaken dull skin in the morning. You can also use an ice cube wrapped in a soft muslin or cotton cloth and gently rub it all over your face. Cold water or ice stimulates blood circulation and freshens up the skin. It also helps in tightening large facial pores and to refine the texture of skin. Actually, Katrina Kaif follows a kind of ice therapy called as “Jamsu” where she dunks her face in a bowl full of ice cold water to refresh her skin and get rid of puffy face. Here’s how you can do the “Jamsu” method all by yourself at home (5 Steps to Katrina Kaif’s Ice Facial at Home). She also believes in hydrating her skin by drinking water throughout the day.
2. Homemade Face Masks: Kareena Kapoor is considered as an epitome of style and beauty. Accept it or not, whenever you look at her, you cannot stop admiring this mesmerizing beauty. This 40-year-old actress loves to post her “no makeup” selfies and we can’t help but admire her flawless and glowing skin. She loves homemade face packs just like the rest of us. She loves using a homemade pack of sandalwood, with two drops of vitamin E oil, and a pinch of turmeric. While turmeric has brightening and anti-acne properties, sandalwood soothes inflammation, and vitamin E nourishes the skin.
3. Use Serums and Moisturizers: Whatever be your skin type, a moisturizer and a serum is must. Try to use a light moisturizer for the day and a heavier one for the night. You can apply the serum in the night only. These maintain the moisture level and water level in your skin. As your skin does not get dehydrated, the signs of ageing get less visible.
4. Remove Makeup Before Hitting the Bed: Actresses need to put on makeup everyday. But, they make sure to get rid of it every night. You must do this too. Well, probably they have people to do it for them and you will have to do it yourself. But if you want to keep your skin safe, this is very important. Sleeping with your makeup on ruins skin and triggers the ageing process.
5. Use Oil-Based Cleanser To Deeply Cleanse Skin: Using an oil-based cleanser is a great way to remove makeup without ripping off the moisture. As the actresses put on too much makeup, cleansing is very important for them. So, to keep the skin soft, they use cleansing oil or oil-based gels. Using oil-based remover ensures that every speck of dirt, makeup from the pores and keep the face clean. If you do not want your skin to look dry and aged, an oil-based cleanser is a must-have in your skincare routien.
6. Eat Lots of Fresh Vegetables, Fruits, and of course pay Attention to Diet: The celebrities eat food that are rich with omega three fatty acid, vitamins and minerals. These ingredients work from inside and keep the skin soft, supple and nourished. They also eat vitamin C rich food to boost collagen production. Also, they eat good portion of leafy greens that have a high amount of vitamin C, antioxidants, and essential minerals to maintain skin’s elasticity and suppleness. For a nutrient-rich diet, follow the diet plan on Rati Beauty diet.
7. Eat Vitamin Supplements: Often our food is not enough to supply all necessary vitamins and minerals. Actresses often take doctor-prescribed supplements like vitamin E to maintain youthful, glowing skin. You can also consult with your doctor and add these supplements to your diet.
8. Take Care of Hands, Feet and Neck: Along with your facial skin, signs of ageing also become visible in your neck, hands and feet. As the skin is thin, it often tends to become loose and wrinkle. So along with the face, the actresses take care of these areas too. They use a hand cream and feet cream regularly along with manicure and pedicure at regular intervals. Also, they get down serum, moisturizer that they apply on the face to the neck area too to keep neck and decolletage firm and toned.
9. Drink Loads of Water: The Bollywood divas follow this tip very seriously. They drink loads of water throughout the day. They are big fans of detox waters and teas. This helps to purify the skin from within and thus keeps away the signs of ageing. You can easily follow this tip and look younger without any camouflaging makeup.
10. Practice Yoga Everyday: Look at Shilpa Shetty and Malaika Arora – what do they have in common? They practice yoga almost daily. Yoga is a huge hit among many Bollywood celebs. It not only helps to maintain a healthy body, but also keeps your skin toned and younger. Matsanana, Dhanurasana, Vrikshasana has amazing anti-ageing benefits for the body. These asanas detoxify the body, improve blood circulation and gives you an youthful glow. Also read: “10 Yoga Asanas to Keep Ageing at Bay.”
11. Try Facial Gymnastic: This is a common thing among all celebrities. You can do it easily at home. Puff your face and blow air from one side to the other. After doing this thrice, make a soft pout and blow out imaginary bubbles. After than smile widely and hold that for 3 seconds. Repeat this entire set thrice. This is called gurning and it keeps the skin tight and toned. Like the celebs, you can also pluck and pull your cheeks softly once or twice every day. This improves the circulation and helps to maintain a rosy appearance.
12. Most Importantly, Never Skip Sunscreen: Avoiding sunscreen can fast forward photoageing of the skin. Harsh rays of the sun cause degradation and breakdown of collagen, and can be a reason for loose and saggy skin. Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with high SPF protection to keep skin looking young forever.
13. Include Retinol in Skincare: Retinol is a star ingredient and should be in every woman’s skincare routine. Retinol boosts collagen production, makes skin smooth and supple, and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Look for retinol products to add to your skincare routine.
14. Look for Peptides and Ceramides in Skincare Products: Peptides help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and improve elasticity of the skin. Try to include skincare products with peptides and ceramides in them to boost collagen production.
If you want to be an ageless beauty like Bollywood celebs, these tips will definitely help you a lot.