Bollywood stars have always had glitzy, glamorous, and big-budget weddings. With no budget constraints, most Bollywood stars prefer to tie the knot in dreamy destination weddings (Deepika-Ranveer, Virat-Anuskha for example). But there are some other Bollywood stars who have had low-key shaadis without much noise. We do look up to celebs for inspiration and when they break stereotypes, they deserve a pat on their back, especially these bollywood stars who did not go for big fat Indian weddings, broke stereotypes, and set an example for others.
1. Dia Mirza: Dia Mirza, a socially responsible actress who believes in gender equality, proved that she walks the talk, when she asked a female priestess to perform her wedding rituals. She picked a bright red Banarasi saree for her wedding to businessman Vaibhav Rekhi, and took saath pheras with him on 15 February 2021, in a low-key ceremony.
2. Alia Bhatt: This new mommy looked like a dream on her wedding to Ranbir Kapoor earlier this year, April 14, 2022, in an intimate wedding in Mumbai. Alia Bhatt, wore an ivory toned saree with a veil with her marriage date embroidered on it. She also wore minimal makeup and jewellery from the Sabyasachi Heritage Jewellery, leaving her hair open. Her groom, Ranbir Kapoor, wore a matching ivory sherwani from the same designer, and on November 6, 2022, they welcomed their first baby, a girl, Raha Kapoor into their lives.
3. Yami Gautam: Yami married her “Uri” director Aditya Dhar in a traditional wedding ceremony in her hometown in Himachal Pradesh, on June 4, 2021. No designer for this simpleton bride, who wore her mother’s 33-year-old red saree. We cannot get over this simple and gorgeous bride even days after her wedding.
4. Kareena Kapoor: Though there are not many wedding pics available of Kareena Kapoor, she got married to Saif Ali Khan on 16 October 2012. We know that she wore a vintage sharara that her mother-in-law Sharmila Tagore had worn for her own wedding to Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi in 1962. This bridal attire actually belonged to Sharmila Tagore’s mother in law, Sajida Begum! The heirloom sharara was revived by designer Ritu Kumar and the ensemble had a tissue rust-orange kurta with matching dupatta heavily done in gold embroidery, and shararas with a green border, along with zardosi and gota work done on the outfit.
5. Parineeti Chopra and Raghav Chadha:
Bollywood star Parineeti Chopra and politician Raghav Chadha tied the knot in a very intimate ceremony in Udaipur with only family and close friends in attendance. Tight security checks and phone cameras were sealed so that no picture of the celebrations leak through without the couple’s consent.