Fall in love and get married or get married and fall in love, you just need to find your right soulmate! “Mummy papa rishte dhundh rahe hai!” has been a line that a lot of people believe in and arranged marriages and love marriages both work equally if there is love and understanding. Many of our popular Bollywood stars met their partners via an arranged marriage setup and it has worked beautifully for them. Read on further to find out the complete list of Bollywood and TV couples who had an arranged marriage.
1. Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput: Yeah, this couple totally tops the list! Chocolate boy Shahid dated a lot of actresses from Bollywood but ended up finding love in an arranged marriage. After his break-ups with actresses, he wanted to have a non-filmy wife. After talking to 21-year-old Mira Rajput for 6 long hours on the phone, he knew it was her, and as you know, they say, the rest is history!
2. Karan Patel and Ankita Bhargava: Karan worked in a famous TV show and Ankita’s parents were also a part of the same TV show. Somehow they liked Karan and encouraged him to meet Ankita who was also an actress. Cupid struck and they had an arranged marriage and now, have been blessed with a baby.
3. Neil Nitin Mukesh and Rukhmini: Neil was allegedly dating actress Sonal Chauhan, but after their breakup, Neil left the choice of finding a bride totally upto his parents. And they made the right choice as Rukmini and Neil make the perfect couple.
4. Madhuri Dixit and Dr Nene: Madhuri Dixit was at the peak of her career. She is still considered one of the most beautiful women in India. Madhuri’s brother who was in the USA played the cupid between her and Dr Shriram Nene. Madhuri fell for the handsome doctor and opted for arranged marriage, and they have been married for 20 years now.
5. Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya: Somehow it was weird that both of these stars worked together in the same show “Yeh Hai Mohabatein” and never fell in love. In fact, some of their co-stars played the match-maker role and asked them to go on a date since both were looking for partners in arranged marriage setup. And within a few meetings, they decided to get married and had a big fat Indian wedding with loads of functions to follow.
6. Govinda and Sunita: Govinda, the actor from Virar, was linked with so many actresses, but he had a serious affair with actress Neelam. But things did not work out and Chi Chi’s mother found Sunita for him. They did take time to know each other, fell in love and his mother announced that now they should marry and it went smoothly, so basically Chi-Chi had a love-arranged marriage.
7. Vivek Oberoi and Priyanka Alva: Looked like love marriage was not on Vivek’s cards because Vivek and Aishwarya’s relationship had been pretty complicated, but later he found a life partner in Priyanka and got married to her in 2010.
8. Karishma Kapoor and Sanjay Kapur: After calling off the engagement with Abhishek Bachchan, Karisma’s parents arranged her marriage with Sanjay Kapur, but somehow the marriage did not work and they divorced after 13 years of marriage.
9. Kratika Sengar and Nikitin Dheer: Kratika met Pankaj Dheer, Nikitin’s father during the audition of a short film and more than the role, he found her to be the perfect match for his son. And they both too liked each other and are happy together.
10. Jay Soni and Pooja: Jay has done a few movies and TV shows. He kept the task of finding the right girl for him up to his parents and Jay says that their parents made the right decision and he is very happy with Pooja.
Also do tell us whether you believe in arranged marriage or love marriage!