Bourjois Effet 3D Lip Gloss – 44 Canelle Unic
8 Hours Hydrate and shine in one. Oh my gloss! Its formula is now paraben-free and contains 92% of hydrating and nourishing protective agents for a real balm action while still enriched with micro crystalline wax for a deep, voluminous and ultra-shiny result. You can now treat your lips to our historic 3 Dimensional volume for a super glossy plumped-up pout, while keeping them hydrated for 8 hours!
Price: Rs 550
It comes in a transparent tube with a simple brush applicator. The writings on the tube faded and disappeared within a month of use! I got this myself from Bourjois counter in Westside, but I would have worried if this was a fake, if I had bought it online. One good thing is that, the color is written on the cap, so I can still find it among other glosses.
Color and Texture:
44 Cannelle unic is brown in color with slightly red undertones. On lips it looks a reddish brown color. It glides on very smoothly on the lips. It is not overly waxy or sticky unlike some other glosses I have tried and neither it is too watery. I think this is one of the glosses that has just the right amount of stickiness .
The gloss is sheer and not at all opaque. If you apply only a very light coat, then you can see the actual color of your lips. But don’t try to apply a thick coat or do 2, 3 layers. This will give you very shiny lips which will look very oily and watery ☹
This is a picture of my bare lips for reference:
And this is how the lip gloss looks on me. I have applied quite a bit to show the color in photos and hence the watery look. 🙁 I usually apply only a single coat and it gives my lips a healthy shine and makes them look plumped up. Very natural looking and I love it.
Below is a photo taken in another lighting:
1. Very moisturizing. No need to use a balm underneath.
2. The gloss is not overly sticky and glides on smoothly and evenly on the lips.
3. One dip is enough to cover the entire lips.
4. The brush applicator is soft and of the right size which makes it easy to apply.
5. It imparts a healthy shine to the lips and makes them look plump.
6. This particular shade has no shimmer particles. Great for everyday wear.
7. Paraben free.
8. Stays on for a decent 4 to 5 hours without food in between.
1. It is sheer and not opaque. Can see the actual lip color through it. Hence girls with pigmented lips might not like this a lot.
2. If applied too much, it gives you watery lips, which looks very glossy and oily.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
If you are on the lookout for a natural looking shade with no glitter particles, is non sticky and stays for a decent amount of time, then this one is for you. But if you want an opaque, creamy gloss which covers your lip pigmentation completely, then you might skip this.