Hi beautiful girls,
So, let’s take a break from eye makeup! Today, I am here to review a lip liner from Bourjois. I think lip liners play a very important role in every women’s life. Earlier during my late teens, I used to wear lipsticks without a lip liner. I used to outline my lips with the lipstick using a lip brush and then fill in the lipstick. But later on, I understood how a lip liner helps in defining your lips and preventing a lipstick from creasing or bleeding. From then on, I have never parted with lip liners. So, let’s jump into the review.
High Definition and Long-Wearing lip liner for ultra lip comfort. Levres Contour Lip Pencil’s ultra-soft khol tip draws a smooth and precise lip contour to line the lips and prevents your lipstick from running for hours on end! Enriched with mineral and plant pigments (rose and green tea) it is good for your skin. The formula is easy to blend, comfortable and smoothly glides onto the lips, leaving a soft velvety finish.
My Take on Bourjois Levres Contour Lip Pencil:
This lip liner is a soft peachy shade apt for lining coral, peach and light orange-y shade lipsticks. I love this shade and it is doing wonders for many of my lipsticks. The texture of this lip liner is a bit drying compared to the other lip liners in this range. I have to apply a little pressure for lining my lips, which is okay for me because I never wear lip liners as a lip colour, never felt it very appealing. I have 3 other colors from this range and they are very soft and smooth. There is a bit of tugging and pulling while applying the liner because of the slight drying formula, but the colour shows up really well, it can be built up also.
It is good for lining your lips, but not as a lip colour. It does tend to settle in lines, highlight dry patches and gives an uneven finish. It is highly pigmented also and even covers pigmented lips easily. The staying power is very good as it stays around 4 to 5 hours for me, but fades lightly after a meal. In the swatches I have worn the lip pencil plain and with a plain lip gloss.
The pencil comes in a pretty normal packaging, enclosed in a wooden base. The outer covering of the pencil has the exact colour coding as the shade inside. It is not in a retractable form, so there is a lot of wastage while sharpening. It is quite handy and easy to carry around in your vanity. This is a lip pencil, so it better be used for its purpose rather than as a lip colour.
Pros of Bourjois Levres Contour Lip Pencil – 22 Peche Voluptuouse:
- A beautiful light peachy shade, very suitable for n*de peachy or coral lipstick.
- It gives precise definition to your lips and has a good colour payoff.
- The pencil is highly pigmented and can easily cover pigmented lips.
- The staying power is also very good.
- Very travel friendly and pocket friendly also.
Cons of Bourjois Levres Contour Lip Pencil – 22 Peche Voluptuouse:
- The texture of the lip liner is a bit dry, so it is best used as a lip liner and not a lip colour.
- The slight drying formula of this pencil tends to cause a light tugging and pulling during application.
- It creates an uneven finish if applied as a lip colour, so takes a long time to fill in the lips and clear the unevenness.
- It tends to highlight dry patches and settle into lip lines, so it is better to apply a lip balm underneath.
- There is a lot of wastage of product while sharpening.
3.8/5, I would recommend this lip liner for the sole purpose of using it as a lip liner to everyone.
Would I Repurchase Bourjois Levres Contour Lip Pencil – 22 Peche Voluptuouse?
I might, not sure because I would like to search for a similar shade in other brands.