Bourjois Ombre Stretch Eyeshadow Bleu Nuit Irise Review, EOTD
Hello IMBB Beauties!
Today I’m reviewing Bourjois ombre stretch eye shadow in shade no. 14 ‘Bleu nuit irise’ meaning ‘Iridescent midnight blue’ .
Some time back, I was on the lookout for a navy blue eye shadow and after a lot of search I ended up on the Bourjois counter. The SA showed me this shade which was exactly what I was looking for.
Price : Rs 525
Quantity: 2.5 g
Made in Italy
What the website says : OMBRE STRETCH EYESHADOW
IMAGINE, BLEND AND AMAZE!
ULTRA STRETCHABLE EYESHADOW, ULTRA ADAPTABLE RESULT!
This powder eyeshadow can be stretched and blended infinitely, thanks to its remarkable formula enriched nylon microspheres. It can be used to create styles range from subtle to That intense – You Can Have fun experimenting! Contained Within a gorgeous compact box, With panoramic mirror and expert brush – it’ll look great in your handbag.
It comes in 12 shades (as shown on website) though I’ve only seen 4-5 shades on most counters.
My take on the product:
I was initially quite surprized to see this kind of packaging for an eye shadow but later on found it to be quite useful. It contains a mirror and a brush inside and the brush is of really good quality. It’s a bit scratchy but it picks up color well and this is what I generally use to apply this eyeshadow.
The color is beautiful- the kind of dark blue that’ll suit all complexions. The frost finish sort of brightens up the face. Applied dry, the color shows up well but not as intense as when applied wet.
In the picture, I have applied it dry. I love doing a smokey eye with this eye shadow because that is when the color shows up in its full form, it doesn’t look so well pigmented and intense in the crease or outer corner. It blends well but creates a bit of a fall out when applied dry. Can also be used as liner for a soft smudgy look.
Best way to use it:
1. By itself all over the lid with a neutral shade in the crease
2. Intense blue smokey eye
3. Use it to smudge black/blue liner for a soft smudgy look.
PROS of Bourjois Ombre Stretch Eyeshadow
1. Thoughtful and attractive packaging with big mirror and excellent brush.
2. The color of the plastic outer body is same as the eyeshadow color so can be easily identified
3. Quite pigmented. Color is even more intense when applied wet.
4. Blends well.
5. Color will suit all complexions
6. Stays put on lid without getting messy for a long time.
7. Does not need a primer underneath for color to show up.
8. Contains 2.5 g of product which is quite good for an eyeshadow.
9. Opthalmologically tested.
CONS of Bourjois Ombre Stretch Eyeshadow
1. Color shows best when applied all over lid. Doesn’t look as intense when used in crease/outer corner.
2. Creates some fall out when applied dry
4. No mention of ingredients
Overall verdict: It is well pigmented, iridescent midnight blue eye shadow that comes in an attractive, thoughtful packaging with a good brush and mirror. The eye shadow does not need a primer to show up well , blends very well and stays put for a long time on the lid. When applied dry, it creates a little fall out. Even though it contains 2.5g of product, it is expensive priced at Rs 525.
Will I repurchase? I won’t need to. If I find a unique shade, then yes.
Have you used Bourjois Ombre Stretch Eyeshadow Bleu Nuit Irise ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Review, Swatch
Bourjois Regard Effet Metallise Pencil Liner 54 Review
Bourjois Mineral Enriched Loose Powder Review
Bourjois Wet/ Dry Eyeshadow – New Shades Photos, Swatches
Bourjois Paris Effet Smoky Eye Pencil and Effet 3D Max Lip Gloss Review