WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The first blush I ever knew in existence was from Bourjois, I was very small, the youngest age one can remember and I used to see my mother use these blushes then. That is why I have a soft spot for them, but it is not just the personal history that is the reason for me to love these blushes; it’s mainly because they are perhaps one of the best ranges in blushes out there! Here I review “Tomette – 72” (not to be confused with “Tomette D’or – 22,” which is much darker than this) and “Rose D’or – 34.”
The official web page for this product has the following to say:
Little round pot blush – ultra fine and easy to blend powder blush. Our timeless blusher has been around for almost 150 years and has made Bourjois famous worldwide thanks to its amazing texture and packaging. The baked texture transforms when applied to the skin into an ultra-fine pressed powder, which is easy to apply and blends impeccably. One stroke of the brush reveals the irresistible aroma of the rose scented powder. Its built-in mirror and brush is perfect for touch-ups on the go!
The little round pot blush exists in 15 shades to match all skin tones.
A Little History:
Starting in 1863, bourjois developed the specific baking process: the little round pot was born! How do you achieve a very fine and silky powdered texture that dusts the skin with soft, transparent colour? Combine a careful amount of of powder and water, mix it delicately, pour it into rounded moulds and put it in the oven to bake…this is the principle behind a complex recipe that Bourjois has been improving since 1863: add a few grams of shimmering mother-of-pearl, let it bake a bit more, depending on the effect desired. One hundred and fifty years worth of experience guarantees a certain expertise in preparing makeup!
• For a natural result, smile and apply the blush on your cheekbones with circular movements. Then stretch up to the temples.
• If you applied to much, don’t worry; just apply a coat of powder on top of it!
Rs. 575 for each pot.
My Take on Bourjois Visage Pastel Joues Blusher – Tomette and Rose D’or:
The blushes I have are from the Middle East and that is why maybe their packaging is different from the ones I see in malls here, but the texture is absolutely the same. These are my HG blushes for party wear! They have a golden shimmer to them, but it is so soft. It doesn’t show up as individual golden particles mixed in the color, but as a gold tinge over the color, that catches the light. Ladies, if you haven’t swatched these out before, you have got to try it as soon as possible for yourselves and just feel the smooth texture and the hint of gold in them. It is the most subtle shimmer in a blush I have ever seen!
As you can see in the image, the shimmer is pretty apparent with or without the flash.
Like I said, it does not show up glittery once you spread it out. It can be applied as sheer as you want or as deep. I usually use the pink one as blusher and the brown as my bronzer.
I use this mostly only for party wear or at night because it’s not matte; so in the day, it can be a bit too shiny; although in dry winters, when our skin looks too matte, this can give a healthy dewy finish regardless of the time of day.
I honestly want to pick out all the colours from this range because I am just completely in love with the two that I have. Bourjois produces perhaps the best blushes out there!
What I Like about Bourjois Visage Pastel Joues Blusher – Tomette and Rose D’or:
- The color payoff is perfect for a blush.
- The brush that comes with these is very smooth and fits in the pot, though I seem to have lost mine. : (
- The range of colors they offer, everyone will be able to find at least one must-have blush color.
- Good quantity, lasts for a very long time.
- Love its smooth texture.
- The shimmer it has is very fine, doesn’t look gawdy.
- I only go for pink or brown blushes because I think they look natural on my skin color; peaches, purples and corals don’t really do me any favours. So, these two suit me perfectly.
- Absolute best, my go-to for party looks.
- Excellent as an eyeshadow too.
- Tomette can also be used as a bronzer, in fact, I mostly use it for that.
- The pink looks very natural on the cheeks, definitely suits Indian skin tones.
- Easy to carry around, small enough.
- Cute packaging, I love the mound they have inside, cuteness galore!
What I Do Not Like about Bourjois Visage Pastel Joues Blusher – Tomette and Rose D’or:
- The lid’s hinge is a tad flimsy (or maybe I just use it very roughly), mine came off; but it can be popped back on too.
Would I Recommend Bourjois Visage Pastel Joues Blusher – Tomette and Rose D’or?
100% yes! If you want a soft color with a hint of shimmer, this is absolute PERFECTION for it!
5/5, I don’t see any reason to deduct any points from this.
I hope this helped and thank you for taking time out to read this! : )
Bourjois Make up Haul!
Bourjois Brush Concealer
Bourjois Volumizer Mascara Review, Photos + Haul
Bourjois Blush Rose de Jaspe
Bourjois So Delicate Lip Cream Rose Veloute
Bourjois Effet Lumiere Golden Eyeshadow Trio
Bourjois Paris 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation
Bourjois Paris Effet Smoky Eye Pencil and Effet 3D Max Lip Gloss
Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Mac Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
Ben Nye Banana Visage Poudre Luxury Powder
Chanel Joues Contraste Blush In Love 55
Chanel Joues Contraste in 56 Tea Rose
Lakme Absolute Collection Blusher
Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Botanical Blusher
Chambor Blusher 66 Ambering Rose
Boots Natural Collection Cream Blusher Bourbon Bloom
Lakme Rose Powder
The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Mist
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose
Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio