How To Make A Braided Neck Piece From an Old T-Shirt – Do It Yourself
I am so excited about this DIY, I just hope you like it. Well, I keep trying a lot of new things when I am free at home, and this is a very new thing, which I was trying at home and it came out quite well. So, thought of sharing it with all you lovely people out there. I have tried making a braided neck piece from an old t-shirt and its quite easy. Hope you like it as well. I have mentioned the process step by step to make it easier for all my IMBB friends and trust me its easier made than thought!! So, here we go!
Things that you will need for the project:
- An old T-Shirt.
- A pair of scissors.
- Thread and needle.
- Some decorative beads or buttons (optional).
1. Take a T-shirt which you have kept aside for discarding, preferably a softer one. If it’s a single colored T-shirt you, can expect better results. I have taken an all blue T-shirt.
2. Place it flat on an even surface, preferably on the floor and then begin by cutting out approximately half inch strips from the bottom of the T-shirt, until the arm-pit. Make as many pieces as possible. I could make 17 -18 pieces.
3. The next step is to stretch and pull each of the strips to give it a rolled look. Take care not to tear off the pieces. Pull some of the strips longer than the others to give it an uneven look.
4. Then, pile them together and place it on the floor, just like as shown in the below image.
5. Tie the places with a thread where you can see the joints of the T-shirt.
6. Keeping a distance from the first point where you tied the knot, tie another knot and then divide the strips into three equal sections and then begin braiding. Continue till you reach the stitched joints in the strips. (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the point where the second knot is to be tied, so I have marked it in the picture).
Tip: Take care not to tangle the strips. However, if you end up doing that, you can always cut all the strips at the joint, untangle it and than join it later.
7. Tie the loose end tightly after you are over with the braiding process.
8. Then, taking two loose strips, wrap it around the starting point as well as the end points of the braid to give it an even look.
9. To finish it off, wrap around another piece of T-shirt strip to hide the stitched portion of the strips. Then, stitch the ends to make it look neat (you can add beads and buttons, but I preferred keeping it simple).
10. Your braided neck-piece is ready! Simple, isn’t it?
I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial as I did while making it.
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Aroma Magic Almond Nourishing Cream
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Lotus Herbals Face Pack Review: Teatreeclear,Claywhite, Marinyouth
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
Aroma Magic Mineral Face Pack Detoxifying Mask
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Dhathri Fairness Face Pack
Aroma Magic Calamine Face Pack Acne Skin
Everyuth Home Facial- Papaya Face Pack
Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream
Garnier Wrinkle Lift Anti-Ageing Cream
Everyuth Natural Cucumber Face Pack
Biotique Milk Protein Face Pack
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Freeman Clay Mask with Avocado and Oatmeal
Lotus Herbals Skin Polisher : Kiwi & Grapes
38 thoughts on “How To Make A Braided Neck Piece From an Old T-Shirt – Do It Yourself”
this is pretty cool…
loved ur idea and the last pic…
Thanks Vini.. 🙂
OMG this is so amazing! fantastic and so innovative
thanks for liking it Parita.. 🙂
Surabhi@ womantics, Appu / aprajita and u Amropali are talented girls :)….so lvd this girly DIY…..remember wen kids we use to make mala with wht not leaves, those eucalyptus
caps nckpc 😀 heheheheh i still remember…bt tis one is chic..keep up the gud wrk
Hey Rajni… thankyouuuuuu so much!!! :-*
hihi! thank uuuuu rajni :*
thanks a ton Rajni… oh I have done a lot of these crafts at school and home when I was young.. its just that trying to make the things more polished now.. He he he he 🙂 🙂
this is sooo innovative amropali. Super excellent. Loved how you have worn over a burgundy top. :))
thanks a lot Rati…. 🙂 I thought the burgundy top would enhance the light color of the neck piece.. 🙂
This is too cool excellent work …………god!!!!!!! i gave u this T-shirt na…. u still had it!!! 😛 I need this neckpiece…….Bday gift 🙂 🙂
yes you gave this one… okays done kept it for u 🙂
its really very cool, thanks for sharing 🙂 ill surely try it and see once..
Thanks a lot Kinjal…. do try it 🙂
ya i will would like to go with white as its goes for many out fits i guess 🙂
Oh wow. I loved this 🙂 and its lookingso fab on you 🙂
Thanks a ton Bee.. 🙂
dis is superb 🙂 😀
thanks Sreya.. 🙂
very innovative 🙂
thank you 🙂
how cool is this, I will defntly give this a try 🙂
thanks for liking the idea Nupur… hope you like the final outcome after you make it 🙂
this is one of the most innovative ideas i have come across till now! 😀 di, u were from st. mary’s convent school na? st. marians rock! 😀 hurray!
yes dear, I am from St. Mary’s… thanks a lot for liking it.. 🙂
thanks a lot Vrushali… these appreciations gets me going.. 🙂
Innovative, awesome…..good idea
thanks varsha 🙂
WOW is the word!! It’s brilliant 🙂
Thanks Roshini. 🙂
Amro, I was just reading the whole tutorial jaw dropped 😀
Creativity is in the air 🙂 love the idea.. great DIY technique, thanks for sharing.!
oh that’s so sweet of you.. you are most welcome dear 🙂
very creative 🙂
very innovative.. :))
this is so original and creative!!!!!!!!!! I can make a whole store of braided neck peices now as I have a wardrobe full of t shirts that dont fit me any more!!!!!!!!
Very Innovative and different ! Will try for myself for sure <3