After finishing off my Burt Bee’s Peach and Willowbark scrub, I decided to try another facial scrub. One thing which I learnt from writing reviews and reading IMBB is to read the ingredients in a product (which I never did before) and since Burt Bee is almost 100% natural I sure wanted to try it. So here is my take on the product.
Infused with refreshing sweet orange and grapefruit oils, this facial scrub removes dirt, oil and makeup. It is formulated with ground almonds, oats and pecans.
• Helps remove dirt, oil and makeup with a blend of Sweet Orange and Grapefruit Oils
• Exfoliates gently with ground Almonds, pecans and oats
• Helps moisturize skin with sweet almond oil and glycerin.
It’s something to celebrate!
$7.14 (approx INR 410) for 2oz (57 g)
My Experience with Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub:
The scrub comes in a small glass jar. Quantity is comparatively lesser then the scrub which comes in tube. However, only a small amount of scrub is required which is to be mixed with 5-6 drops of water. The scrub doesn’t contain harsh chunky grains and is quite gentle on face like a homemade ubtan!! Since it’s not creamy, initially it was difficult to get right consistency of scrub. When water added is insufficient, it becomes difficult to spread the scrub evenly on face and when I accidently added more, it became too watery!! The smell is nice orange-y aromatic fragrance which is not very strong and yet soothing. It makes my face smooth and soft but doesn’t help me at all with my breakouts!!!
Pros of Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub:
1. Almost 100% natural, no animal testing (Best feature of Burt Bee products).
2. The glass jar is reusable.
3. A little product goes a long way.
4. With repeated use, it makes skin soft and smooth.
5. Its everyday scrub and can be used on combination skin.
6. Delicious smell.
Cons of Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub:
1. Non-availability in India (excluding Delhi where it might be available in Sephora).
2. Doesn’t reduce breakouts!!
3. Glass jar is easily breakable if you happen to drop it (I dropped mine in shower after 2nd use) . Although am still able to use it but it’s a risk if the broken glass gets mixed up with your scrub!!
4. It’s difficult to use if you are in hurry as it takes some getting used to, to get right consistency.
5. As it’s a jar you have to dig in your fingers to get the scrub out. So not very hygienic or convenient when compared to a scrub in a tube. Though you can use a spatula or spoon to take it out but it’s an unnecessary nuisance.
6. It’s not very travel-friendly as the glass jar makes it little heavier to carry.
My Final verdict:
After using it repeatedly for some time I finally decided that it can be best used at night as part of bedtime routine when I have more time (and my hands are not slippery and I can avoid dropping the jar!!! 😉 ) instead of using it in the morning when I’m always in a hurry and couldn’t get the right mix!! Also after using it at night, my face glows next morning!! However, as I keep getting pimples from time to time, I need a scrub which helps me reduce them. For this reason only, I’ll prefer Burt Bee’s deep pore scrub which visibly reduced my pimples!!!
4.5/5 (-.5 for not helping with my pimples)
I will buy it again since I have started loving Burt Bee’s natural products!!!
Noxzema Continous Clean Citrus Scrub Review
Avon Foot Scrubs : Citrus Gel vs Pomegranate Chocolate
Burt’s Bees Peach and Willlowbark Deep Pore Scrub-Review
Burt’s Bees Radiance Day Cream Review
Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Nourishing Baby Oil
Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer Cocoa
Burt’s Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream
Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm
Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream
The Body Shop Lily Cole Pearl Radiance Primer
Olay White Radiance Intensive Brightening Serum