After Jomol di’s post about the benefits of Argan Oil a lot of you must be really impatient to get your hands on a bottle of this precious oil also called Liquid Gold.
And Argan oil truly is a miraculous product. Used as a health booster and cosmetic treatment for ages- It has gained popularity recently after Moroccan Government started promoting it worldwide because it supports the woman co-operatives and provides a livelihood to thousands of women across Morocco. Then Hollywood Actresses disclosed Argan Oil as their beauty secret and the rest as they say is history.
Combined with its worldwide popularity and extremely rare nature it’s not surprising that the market is flooded with Argan Oil products. So we have to be very careful about choosing the correct Argan Oil products which genuinely have the benefits of Liquid Gold and are not just trying to rip us off.
What makes it so valuable?
Argan oil is plant oil produced from the kernels of the Argan tree (Argania spinosa L.). This tree is not found in any other place except Morocco. Also It is a very endangered plant and though the Moroccan Government is taking steps to plant more of these trees the global demand is still much much higher than the net production.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
There are two process of oil extraction:
Traditional method: The Berbers of ancient Morocco would collect undigested argan pits from the waste of goats which climb the trees to eat their fruit. The pits were then ground and pressed to make the nutty oil used in cooking and cosmetics. Eeew? Yeah I feel so too!
Press Extraction: First the nuts are cracked open by hand and the fleshy fruit is discarded. Then the Kernel is ground, mixed with water and then pressed to produce Argan Oil. Sometimes the kernel is roasted before extraction which removes most of its cosmetic benefits. Such oils are good for cooking. Since the first part of the process is done by hand it cost a lot to extract this oil which making it so precious.
Things to know before you buy Argan Oil:
1. Buy pure: Look for words like pure Argan Oil or pure Argania spinosa L. oil. Don’t go for products which say things like infused with Argan Oil or contains Argan Oil. If you do then at least check the ingredient list for the % of Argan oil. Don’t shell out money for products with 2% argan oil or something like that. Buy the pure Argan oil and trust me it’ll be worth it.
Also remember Argan Oil and Moroccan Oil is not the same thing. Moroccan Oil contains more silicones than Argan Oil so won’t benefit you as much as pure argan oil.
2. Don’t buy cheap: Argan Oil is available at around 2$/60ml in wholesale. If you are getting pure Argan Oil cheaper than that its fake for sure.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
3. Look at the packaging: Argan Oil gets spoiled by light or when stored improperly in plastic containers. Buy Argan oil sold in tinted glass bottles only.
4. Don’t buy huge batches: Argan Oil has a maximum shelf life of 24 months after extraction. Don’t buy huge batches unless you are sure you can use it all up well within 2yrs.
5. Smell test: Argan oil smells nutty. Since smell is subjective I’d say check if it doesn’t smell bad(most likely it has gone rancid) or doesn’t smell anything at all(too much filtered so not effective). Sometimes Argan oil produced by traditional method smells so badly of goats they have to deodorize it. You DON’T want to put that on your face or hair do you?
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
6. Appearance test: It should be golden in colour and should have slight residue in the bottle. Since it is not possible to decant the extracted oil wholly some residue is always left behind!
7. Feel Tells: Argan oil feels silky soft and non greasy. Any greasy slimy oil is a fake.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
8. Buy from certified organisations: Even if you are buying from local sellers make sure you visit proper stores and not random vendors. Also avoid buying from amazon or ebay unless the brand is trusted.
That’s it. Next time you decide to buy Argan Oil I hope this will help you get your money’s worth and get all the benefits of this miraculous product. Bye and Stay beautiful 🙂
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil
Hask Argan Oil
FX Moroccan Moisture Miracle Argan Oil
Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil
Osmo Berber Oil Mask Restoration Therapy with Argan Oil
Suave Professionals Shine Conditioner with Moroccan Argan Oil
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne