WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lemon is a staple in beauty treatments world over and it has been used since ancient times to brighten and tackle different skin issues. Lemon is an active ingredient in many skin recipes and face packs. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. It also has minerals and antioxidants which have been proven to benefit skin immensely. The good thing is that you can use every part of lemon in skincare, from the outer rind to the juice, even lemon essential oil. Now, we would answer the question, “can we apply lemon directly on face?” Read on to find out if you can:
Things To Remember Before Applying Lemon on your Face:
A very important fact which you must know before using lemon on the face is that lemon has a higher pH value which is equal to acids. Yes, it is true. Thus, lemon can even cause your skin to burn, just like acids, but fret not, we will tell you how to use lemon on different skin types:
- Dry Skin – lemon juice as a face pack ingredient.
- Oily Skin – Lemon juice as a toner or as a face pack ingredient.
- Sensitive skin – Diluted form of lemon in face packs.
How To Use Lemon Juice on Skin:
- Apply lemon juice directly on your face and even body. This helps in removing discoloration and uneven skin tone. It will also get rid of severe tan.
- In face pack – lemon juice can be a bit drying in nature. You can mix lemon juice with other potent ingredients like olive oil, Fuller’s Earth, besan in a smooth, paste-like consistency.
- As a toner – you need to mix lemon juice, witch hazel, and distilled water together. You will one of the most effective toner for oily skin. And regular usage of this toner will reduce the oil build up on your skin.
- As a scrub – when you use lemon and sugar granules together, it can exfoliate your skin effectively. This scrub can be used on both face and body. It also helps in getting rid of tan and hyperpigmentation as well.