WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Do you enjoy eating bread but are worried because you are uncertain whether or not they can add extra pounds to your weight. Well, you need not worry anymore. You can enjoy your bread without the risk of putting on unwanted weight if you are cautious in following all that we have to tell you today. As a matter of fact, you can actually continue to lose weight while you enjoy bread as part of your daily food. Whenever one is on a diet, bread tops the charts of the food items one needs to avoid as it is generally perceived as a high-carb food that adds pounds to the diet, but bread lovers like us, who cannot resist the temptation to eat bread even while dieting, we have some great news. In this post, we will answer your question, can I eat bread and still lose weight?
So, naturally the question that remains is – what’s the trick to eat bread without gaining any additional weight. And the answer is equally obvious. You simply have to choose the bread that is best for weight loss because not all breads are created equal. 😛 Research has revealed that bread made from refined white-flour bread cause weight however shows that refined, white-flour breads are associated with weight gain and belly fat—while whole grain breads actually help with weight loss. So today, we shall recommend some specific breads for you to try, but before I start with the list, let me go over some guidelines of sorts for all of us to follow:
What kind of Bread Should you Eat?
If keeping your waistline thin is something you are pretty much set on, then we would recommend that you avoid white bread. While making bread, a lot of the nutrients and vitamins usually found in the fermentation process gets stripped away as it undergoes refining and sieving multiple times. As a matter of fact, bread contains essential fiber that satiate and significantly control your appetite, thus it is highly recommended that one should try to eat whole or multigrain bread.
One also has the option to choose from baked bread that contains nuts and seeds that provide us with additional nutrients. Going for a healthier option like whole grain variety )which is ideally presumed to contain more fiber and less carbs) can also help one in stabilizing one’s blood sugar levels and give the body much-needed energy to burn calories and feel full for longer intervals of time.
It is quite remarkable to note that in one long-term study that was conducted by Harvard University, researchers stumbled upon the truth that people who choose healthier whole grain bread tend to have a healthier BMI (Body Mass Index) that assists them in reducing their respective waistlines, keeping those pesky pounds at bay. The results of this study completely gives truth to the fib that eating bread is fattening.
How To Eat Bread without Gaining Pounds?
When you purchase bread do follow the 10:1 rule:
1. It’s super simple yet rather handy rule of thumb, of sorts, to bear in mind whenever you shop for a loaf. That is : “For every 10 grams of carbs, there should be 1 gram of fiber” .
2. Always go for whole grain on the shelf: Irrespective of whatever dietary regime you adhere to, make it a point to remember that no matter what: if the ingredients at the top of the ingredient list of the product go like sugar, sucrose, fructose, corn syrup, white or wheat flour, then be rest assured that these foods contain mostly simple carbs and should be totally avoided. An item of food that is deemed whole grain should carry the words: “whole grain or wheat grain” on its packaging and not “maida” or “refined flour.”
3. Go for organic wheat: As research is being directed towards investigating the role of pesticides and chemicals on our health, the very definition of wheat has altered quite significantly in the last 5 decades. Wheat isn’t produced via the conventional means of farming and production that our forefathers followed anymore. And so today, we have this new genre of wheat called “organic wheat,” which, simply put, would mean the wheat that is produced without the use of any chemicals or pesticides.
4. Opt for fermented bread: Just like sourdough, fermented bread is the one that has been allowed to ferment for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. The result of this fermentation process is the yield of plenty of healthy bacteria that would assist in balancing our digestive system and gut, in turn, boost our metabolism and help us burn fat.
5. Look for Bran, Barley, and Rye in the ingredients list: Opting for bran, barley and rye varieties of bread is the healthiest choice to pick if you wish to continue to lose weight or keep a steady waistline without cutting back on eating bread. As a matter of fact, these varieties help by making you feel fuller as they contain beta-gluten, which has that effect.
6. Go for Darker Flours: Buckwheat, quinoa and amaranth are considered healthier alternatives to the varieties that are usually recommended by health experts and contain more antioxidants than ordinary bread.
7. Get Nutty and Seedy: Breads that contain or are made with nuts and seeds are deemed highly nutritious when compared to regular bread, because the former more filling and satisfying, and score a lower glycemic index, which prevents the arbitrary and sudden fluctuations in blood sugar levels, by most health experts around the world. These breads also help us in regulating our tendency to overeat. So it is a rather prudent choice.
Well dear readers, today we presented you with a host of ways and means by which you can enjoy your bread without the risk of increasing your waistline, rather you may continue to lose weight. So tell us, you bread lovers, what you think of our piece in the comment section below. And as always, stay pretty and healthy. Oh yeah, enjoy your bread!