WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Tattoo these days have become very common, it’s a cool fashion statement to make. No doubt all of us have a number of questions in our mind when we think about getting tattoos. One of the common questions to cross our mind would be, can you shower after getting a tattoo?
Well, your tattoo stylist might give you suggestions, or you might have some briefing from the artist. But you might be too excited and must have missed this part. But worry not, we are here to help.
Can You Shower after Getting a Tattoo?
- When should you shower? – It is advisable to avoid shower immediately after getting a tattoo. Your tattoo designer will provide you with a bandage or protective cover which will protect your tattoo for some time till the tattoo dries up completely. You can remove the bandage within 2-3 hours, but it is advisable to keep it at least for 48 hours or at least overnight.
- Avoid Direct Contact – you should always avoid direct contact with water immediately after getting inked. If water falls on your tattoo with a bit of a force, it can hurt you.
- Temperature is important – Always check whether the water is cool or hot. If the water is too hot, then your pores might open up and there are minor chances that your ink might bleed. Also, hot water can cause swelling and tingling which can again be painful. Always take bath in lukewarm or cold water after getting inked.
- Avoid Soap – You can take shower but soap or any other chemical-based product is strictly to be avoided. This is the time when your skin is extremely sensitive and thus any chemical can immediately react on your body.
- Say no to washcloth or loofah – You should avoid using washcloth or loofah immediately after getting inked. Use your hand to clean the tattoo and the surrounding areas as well.
- Avoid Sun – Sun is the worst enemy for your tattoo. Thus, you need to avoid sunbathing, swimming or sun exposure until you have fully recovered.
So, yes, you can shower after getting tattooed or inked, but wear a protective cover or bandage so that water does not come directly in touch with the tattoo for a few days.