WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Loading your skin with products without knowing its type is as good as getting a Mathematics question paper when you have prepared for English test. Scary isn’t it? Well hate to say but if you are doing it the results for your skin would be scary too.
Always determine your skin type first and then treat it accordingly. Oily, dry normal and combination are four skin types. Let us discuss my skin type i.e. combination skin. I am sure those of us who have it must be freaking out as summers have already arrived.
What is a combination skin?
When you have an oily T-zone i.e. your forehead, nose and chin are oily and your cheeks are comparatively dry then, my friend you are blessed with a combination skin. I say blessed because we (don’t forget me) get to try out more skin products in order to find out THE ONE which works for our entire face.
It is the width of our T-zone, which determines whether the skin is combination-oily or combination-dry. More active oil secreting T-zone means you have combination-oily and a comparatively drier forehead indicates combination-dry skin.
Tips for combination skin care:
• Always use a mild cleanser. I know how much you want that oily feeling to go away and feel fresh but, always remember that it is your skin that you are dealing with. Be gentle towards it.
• Avoid using regular bath soaps to wash your face. It can be too drying and irritating at times.
• Do not over wash your face as this will make the matter worst for you. Instead use oil-blotting papers to absorb the excess oil during the day.
• Do not forget to exfoliate your skin. Look for products that have beta hydroxy acid in them.
• Use a light weight oil free moisturizer. No matter what your skin type is, it still needs moisture.
• Always use alcohol free toners. To know more about toners read here.
• Drink lots of water and eat fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin hydrated from inside.
Home remedies for combination skin:
• Honey is a very good cleanser for combination skin. Put a few drops of lemon juice in one tablespoon of honey. Apply it on your face and gently massage for a minute or two. Wash your face with normal water.
• Apply fuller’s earth (multani mitti) mixed with water on your face for 10 minutes. Wash your face as usual.
• Apply a de-seeded papaya pulp on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes, then wash your face with cool water.
• Mix a tsp each of pineapple juice, coconut milk and cornstarch. Apply it on face for 10 minutes and wash your face as usual.
• Apply cucumber juice on your face and leave it for few minutes. Wash your face with cool water.
Here is a list of some products that are working for me. Hope they may suit you as well.
• Cetaphil Cleanser
• Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser
• Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
• Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock
• Lush tea tree toner
What are your favorite products for such skin type?
Skin Care for Oily Skin
Blemishes– Causes & Skin Care
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Daily Skin Care Regimen for Working Women
Clinique 3 Step Skin Care System Review: Dry-Combination Skin
Best and Worst Makeup and Skin Care Products 2010
Best Makeup & Skin Care Routine for Combination Skin