Bad breath, pain in the gums, bleeding gums, cavities….you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand what I am hinting at. Yes, my friends I am talking about oral hygiene. As compared to a skin care routine oral care requires comparatively less time and money.
We all can have pearly white smile by remembering and following some very easy and basic tips.
Tips for oral care:
- No matter how much that cheap toothbrush attracts you towards himself never give in to his whim and wishes. Always buy a good toothbrush after all you don’t have to take a loan for it.
- Once brought, a toothbrush should never be a part of your family legacy. Change it every 3 to 4 months.
- Always keep your brush clean.
- Brush twice daily. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Be gentle on gums.
- Use a mouth wash to keep bad breath at bay or else people will remain at bay from you.
- Flossing your teeth is equally important as it helps to remove plaque.
- Try to avoid frizzy drinks as they contain citric acid which slowly reacts with the teeth and dissolves them.
- Substitute you sodas for water, milk and fresh juices.
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco as they damage the oral tissue completely and not to mention causes oral cancer as well.
- Say no to alcohol.
- Eat a healthy diet not only to maintain a good body but also good oral structures.
- Toothpaste that has fluoride prevents dental crises by keeping them safe from cavities.
- Always ask a dentist before using teeth whitening products as some of them have certain chemicals that may cause hazardous effects in long run. They may damage your gums too.
- For a complete oral cleaning brushing teeth is not sufficient clean your tongue too.
- Avoid frequent snaking as it can increase the chances of plaque build-up.
- Chewing a sugar free gum helps to keep mouth moist and teeth clean.
- Do not go overboard with brushing and flossing as doing so will result in bleeding gums
- Avoid brushing your teeth right after a meal. Wait about a half an hour and then go. Otherwise, you could damage your enamel!
- Never swallow your toothpaste or mouthwash.
- Visit a dentist at least twice a year. Getting your teeth cleaned by a professional would only help you maintain your pearly smile for long.
- To get rid of bad breath chew 1 or 2 cloves daily.
- The best anti cavity mouthwash in the world is Chinese green tea. It is rich in fluoride that helps prevent tooth decay.
- Inner bark of papaya tree can be used in case of toothache.
- If you want to remove plaque from your teeth without removing the enamel then first soak your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide and dip it in baking soda before brushing.
- Strawberries are also great for removing plaque and whitening teeth.
Just follow these simple steps if you want to keep that sweet tooth of yours at its right place and keep smiling.
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!