WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hands can reveal your true age; if you don’t care for them they will tell everyone what you are trying to hide. Dry, wrinkled and veiny hands can mar one’s well groomed image and so does brittle and broken nails. Nails are not as demanding as the rest of our body parts and I guess it is a reason people do not care for them like their skin, hair etc.
The results of such negligence are brittle and unhealthy nails. Nails that break easily are complicated to deal with. Peeling nails or cuticles can ruin ones well groomed image.
Weak, brittle nails break or crack very easily. They lack flexibility and moisture. Brittle nails usually have a thicker nail plate and tend to curve as they grow longer. They are often a typical result of aging, but certain diseases and conditions may also cause them to become brittle.
Tips to take care of weak nails:
• If you suffer from weak and brittle nail problem then soak them in extra virgin olive oil 10-15 minutes a day for a month. Make it a weekly treatment thereafter. Olive oil is an excellent conditioner for damaged, weak or peeling nails.
• Add some salt in lukewarm water. Soak your fingers in that water for some time. Wipe them clean and then apply some moisturizing cream. You may also do the same with tea tree oil for better results.
• Add a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice to a tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture to the nails before sleeping to treat brittle nails.
• Too little iron in the diet can lead to thin, flat nails. Increase your iron intake by eating foods such as lean red meat, dried fruit and nuts and green vegetables.
• If your nails are flaky, include evening primrose oil in the diet or as a supplement. The oil contains the essential fatty acids necessary for the structure of the cell.
• Apply vegetable oil on the finger tips and massage your nails with it. This would help to strengthen them.
Tips to take care of nails:
• First and foremost thing to remember is NEVER bite your nails.
• Avoid the frequent use of acetone based nail polish remover. Acetone quickly removes moisture from the nails and makes them dry.
• Keep your nails short and well trimmed. Long nails are more fragile and break more easily than short ones.
• Always wear gloves to protect your hands while washing the dishes or doing any task that requires dipping the hands in water. Wearing vinyl gloves, not latex or rubber, keeps your hands safe from coarse materials.
• You can use nail strengtheners to protect your nails from breaking.
• Drink lots of water daily. Drink carrot juice as it is very rich in calcium and phosphorus and is beneficial in strengthening the nails.
How to Treat Ingrown ToeNails
How to Take Care of Your Nails
How to Get Perfect Nails
How to Remove Artificial Nails
11 Ways To Make Nail Polish Last Longer on Nails
16 Ways to Deal with Cuticle Problems
10 Tips to Treat Brittle Nails