WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip balm Review:
If a girl is allowed to carry only one product with her to a deserted island, I am sure she’d pick up a lip balm. It is a staple in every girl’s daily beauty regimen. All of us swear by one or the other brand of lip balm or even plain Vaseline. There are so many brands of lip balm s flooding the market today. Since they are relatively inexpensive, we don’t hesitate to try them out. As for me, trying out a brand’s lip balm usually paved the way for my interest in that particular brand. The Body Shop, Nivea and Lotus come to my mind.
I have often heard people raving about Carmex as their HG brand. I wanted to try that out for myself and ended up buying the coveted tube; only to be disappointed as I was put off by its very strong smell. In retrospect buying a strawberry or cherry flavoured formula would have been a better choice. So when I stumbled upon this moisture plus version at a drugstore, I was a bit afraid that it would be as bad smelling as the original. But since I had run out of my lip balm stock, I decided to give this a shot. To my surprise and relief, it turned out to be great. It was different from the original tube version. First of all, it came in a sleek stylish slant tip applicator form which makes it easier to apply. Secondly it had a pleasant sweet vanilla scent with a hint of menthol which felt refreshing. Thirdly, it is more moisturizing than the original formula. So I was happy to stumble across “Original Carmex but Better” (Cocky Eh?) version. It had all the good qualities of the Original Carmex formula; the SPF protection and the excellent healing properties minus the overpowering smell and added moisture. This moisture plus lip balm also doesn’t have salicylic acid as in the original carmex.All these qualities made me fall completely in love with this amazing product.
- Bathe your lips in moisture
- With a little help from vitamin E and aloe, Carmex Moisture Plus™ lip balm helps nourish and moisturize lips leaving them so kissably soft they will be hard to resist.
- Have fun in the sun
- With SPF 15, Carmex Moisture Plus protects your lips from the sun so you can play all day and know you’re covered.
- Glam it up
- Take it out for a night on the town. A sheer pink, sheer peach or clear satin gloss finish add a hint of shine, while the sleek, slant-tip applicator looks almost as stylish as you.
It is available in 0.075 Oz (2gm) tube which costs around USD 2.50 at drugstores in US.
Carmex says: We don’t think you need to sacrifice function to be fashionable. That’s why we came up with new Carmex Moisture Plus™ ultra hydrating lip balm. It comes in a sleek, slant tip applicator that looks fabulous and works even better. It’s formulated with Vitamin E, Aloe, Shea butter and SPF15 to penetrate, moisturize and protect your lips. Use under or over lipstick, or of course, the satin gloss finish looks great by itself- keeping your lips soft, supple and smooth.
Directions: Apply liberally before sun exposure or as needed.
Ingredients: Octinoxate and Oxybenzone (two sunscreen agents), aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis, hydrogenated vegetable oil, (castor) seed oil, saccharin, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan tristearate, tocopheryl linoleate (vitamin E linoleate), tribehenin
This lip balm also come in Sheer Peach and Sheer Pink tints.
What I like about this lip balm?
- Very Moisturizing: It is very moisturizing and makes my lips smooth and supple. It healed my chapped peeling lips overnight.
- Healing: This lip balm holds in the moisture without any grease and absorbs very quickly. I have found this to be more healing than the original Carmex formula.
- Cheap: It is not very steeply priced.
- Clear Shine: This lip balm imparts a clear stain gloss finish which stays on for hours if left undisturbed. I prefer to use this balm overnight. I have found that a few drinks or talking wouldn’t do anything much to the shine.
- Doesn’t attract dust: Unlike other lip balm s, this doesn’t attract dust and grime. I hate it when a lipgloss or a balm attracts dust. It makes me want to wipe them off right away.
- SPF: It does provide protection from sun but just SPF 15.
- Not Waxy: It is not gritty or waxy and feels very light on the lips.
- Not Addictive: I find that my lips are less dry all the time and not only when I am wearing this.
What I don’t like about this lip balm?
Frankly nothing; I would have loved if Carmex would make all the ingredients 100% natural and retain the same qualities.
Verdict: I totally recommend this lip balm to anyone who needs moisturized smooth lips and not just while using this. The effect stays on. I am looking forward to checking out the tinted versions eagerly.