WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How To Make Your Own Yes to Carrots Pre-Shampoo Treatment
I didn’t know anything about carrots and hair, until I came across Yes to Carrots brand. They also have a Yes to Cucumber, and Yes to Tomatoes, and those recipes are also coming soon. Anyway, I thought what benefits carrots could possibly have with regards to my hair, and as it turns out, there are plenty:
Here are some facts about carrots:
- A single carrot provides the body the full amount of vitamin A required for a whole day.
- Carrots have carotenoids (source of vitamin A), so the deeper the orange the better.
- Grated carrots can be used to heal burns and wounds.
- If you eat too much carrot, your skin might become orange for a while.
- Eating carrots encourages healthy skin, nail and hair.
So, I didn’t buy their product, but still wanted the carrot benefit and I came across the carrot juice rinse trick for hair, but that I found way too plain. That’s when I decided to do my own recipe to be used before shampoo with my no-poo hair regime.
Here is a pre-shampoo treatment if you are bored of only oil before shampooing. This recipe will spice up your routine; also, if you wash your hair daily, you can save this recipe for a weekend 🙂
For the mix, you will need the following ingredients::
- 1 carrot ( here I am using 4 because they are snack size).
- 1/2 cup of curd.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil.
- 1 teaspoon honey (many people seem to be afraid of having honey in their hair, so you can skip if you wish 🙂
- 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil (if you are dandruff prone, tea tree oil cures it).
- 1 drop essential oil (the mixture smells a little funny 🙂
- Cut the carrots, and mix with the olive oil, then coconut oil, then the honey (always pour the oils first so that the honey doesn’t stick to the spoon), microwave the mix for 1 minute and blend.
- Mix the curd with the carrots and blend again, this time liquifying everything together.
- With a sieve, separate the pulp from the juice. I used a sieve here just for showing, but I actually used a clean cloth to seive the mixture through and get the pulp.
- The pulp you can combine with sugar and make a foot scrub and use immediately, I wouldn’t advise to use as a face scrub as the beta-carotene from the carrot might stain your skin for a while.
- With the liquid, you saturate your whole hair and keep it for 15 minutes at least before you wash. If you use a shower cap, it will create some heat and the moisture will penetrate deeper into your hair follicle.
I made this recipe just to pump up the very well-known carrot juice rinse. It consists in making carrot juice and just rinsing your hair with it, if your hair don’t need oils or is oily, I would advise you to stick to the normal juice rinse. Also, don’t let it drip on white linen or clothing as it is highly staining.
I made this recipe twice and got great results with it. My natural hair is very curly and as I avoid silicone-based products, most of my hair routine is based on DIY mixtures. I had hair of every possible color or texture for as long as I can remember, but then I got tired of never having the hair I wanted and my hair always being manipulated and not being itself as well, I agree that its only hair but once you decide anything can be political and that’s the way I see my hair currently, as a stand against things I am not.
I have a self-made inventory of all my crazy hair mixtures and I will share them with you all as long you are interested 🙂
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
Banjara’s Carrot Gel
Biotique Sun Carrot Protective Lotion
Biotique Carrot Seed After Bath Oil
Oriflame Coconut & Ricemilk Nourishing Hair Mask
Loreal Total Repair 5 Hair Masque
Wella System Professional Hydrate Dry Hair Mask
Oriflame Hair X Repair Therapy Hair Mask
Dove Hair Fall Therapy Treatment Mask
How To Fix Damaged Hair
Biotique Musk Root Pack For Hair and Scalp
Matrix Biolage Hydrating Hair Masque
The Body Shop Rain Forest Moisture Hair Butter
How to Lighten Your Hair
Shampoo & Conditioner for Damaged Hair : Ask IMBB
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
How to Manage Frizzy Curly Hair
How To Make Hair Silky
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Henna for Hair- Tips and Usage
Homemade Hair Packs for Dry Damaged Hair
7 Pretty Hair Accessories
FX Special Effects Extreme Shine Weightless Shine & Anti Frizz Treatment
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Beauty Benefits Of Eggs- Tips And Applications