Woman’s obsession for jewellery is nothing new. You will hardly find women accessorizing themselves without it anywhere in the world. A fine piece can give much desired elegance even to a plain boring outfit.
Statement necklaces are one such accessory item that has a special place in every fashionistas jewellery collection. These chunky, oversized necklaces add edge to the simplest T-shirts. In short they put a finishing touch to any dress.
If you are interested but are not sure as how to make sport this look correctly the mentioned below are few tips that might help you.
Always remember to:
• Opt for simple silhouettes in neutral shades to make an impact without looking overdone.
• If possible stay away from prints as they will make the look confusing.
• Make sure that the outfit which you have chosen does not have complicated necklines i.e. necklines with detailing. Simple necklines work best when you want to make a statement with your necklace.
• Keep all the other accessories low key. Do not wear long dangling earrings if you want people to focus on your necklace.
• Keep in mind the proportions of the necklace and your body. Long necklaces can make a person of petite frame even shorter.
• Keep your hair simple and tamed. This will allow your necklace to take centre stage.
Hope these tips help you to select that perfect piece for yourself. Do not hesitate to wear whatever you want to till the time you feel attractive, comfortable and confident in it.
Here are pictures of few celebrities seen sporting this trend.
Checkout Eva Mendis two totally different looks pulled by a fine piece of jewellery.
Vanessa Hudgens has added that much needed style in her simple bubble-hem frock with a black statement necklace.
Isn’t Kim Kardashian looking absolutely amazing with a statement piece around her neck.
Heidi Klum has effortlessly put together her look with her statement piece.
What do you think about Sarah Jessica Parker’s look?
And here are some statement necklaces adorned by Sonam Kapoor:
So, what do you think? Does this look seem like something that you could wear?
How To Store Jewellery, Bags, Belts, Bangles
Jewelry: Indian Designer Jewellery
How To Wear Gold Jewellery
All About Gold & My Personal Gold Jewellery Collection
How to Take Care of Silver Jewellery
Jewelry: How to Clean Jewellery at Home
Indian Bridal Jewelry Tips by Shaheen Abbas
How to Wear Jewelry & Fashion Accessories
18 Statement Necklaces for Summer 2012
Style Statement: Oxford Shoes
Style Statement With Saddle Shoes
Necklines and Necklaces
Necklace- Types of Necklaces
How to Make an Eclectic Necklace at Home