I am here to share my views on Cerave Sunscreen SPF 50 Body Lotion. It was quite helpful throughout my vacations in summers, though I suffered from tan on my hands and feet thankfully it was not severe. Cerave is my trustworthy brand as I am already using their eye repair cream which is totally a hit for me. This sunscreen also proved its worth upto a good extent though I am not willing to get it again somehow. Read on to know more.
Price: $15 for 3.09 Oz (85 g), price may vary store to store
Packaging: This white opaque lotion comes in sturdy opaque tube packaging with simple cap. It does have slight medicated smell which does not last long thankfully as I dislike its smell on my body yukk. Over all it seems quite ordinary and travel friendly packaging.
My Experience with Cerave Sunscreen SPF 50 Body Lotion:
This medicated smelling lotion easily dissipates on my skin leaving no shiny/white cast thankfully. Even its nauseating drug smell does not last longer than few seconds luckily. I used it all along my vacations and must say I am happy and relieved as I suffered minimal tan on my feet and hands unlike last summers. Moreover I did not observe any tanning on my body other than hands and feet. I believe it only works for 2 hours and we need to reapply it after every 2-3 hours which was impossible for me but still I managed to get rid of tanning even after roaming outside in scorching sun continuously for 10-14 hours and that too regularly for 4-5 days.
It also claims to work well while swimming but I cannot vouch for it as I did not swim. But I can definitely say that if we religiously follow up with re-application every 2-3 hours while going out in sun then it will really help us in avoiding tan and other skin issues. I am also relaxed to notice that it does not give me any white cast; it just blends onto my skin though I was quite skeptical about its functioning for it blends seamlessly on my skin and I used to slather it on & on. It totally replaced my body lotion during vacations though I feel I will need body lotion beneath this sunscreen during winters. Over all I feel it is a decent sunscreen for gals who rarely move out in sunshine. However it helped me in avoiding sun burns in those 4-5 days though it was sheer to medium protection and not complete.
Pros of Cerave Sunscreen SPF 50 Body Lotion:
• A light weight, oil free and water resistant sunscreen with SPF 50 protection
• It is also infused with goodness of ceramides that helps in cell renewal and rejuvenation in general
• It totally replaced my normal body lotion in these 2-3 weeks
• I used it all along my vacations and observed visible difference in my skin even after roaming outside for long hours in scorching sunshine
• It definitely prevents sun burns for good hours
• It provides sun protections and prevents severe tanning up to good 3-4 hours
• It does not give any white cast on skin hence good to go with or without sleeve less outfits as well
• I believe if we religiously follow up with its touch up every 3-4 hour then it might give us complete coverage
• User friendly & travel friendly packaging at affordably cheap price
Cons of Cerave Sunscreen SPF 50 Body Lotion:
• Its medicated smell gives me nausea
• I still managed to get tanned hands and feet though it’s minor and easily removable in a week
• It can only work well up to 2 hours and require touch ups for spending prolong hours in sunshine
• In severe summers I doubt if it will work for 2 hours even
Well I don’t think I have any other issues with this medicated smelling lotion so far. If you are okay with touch ups every 2 hours apart from bearing that shot term medicated smell then this is your ideal sunscreen otherwise we have plenty of options in market. I would personally like to explore other sunscreens in market and keep it on least priority as of now. I would like to give it 3.8/5 overall.
CeraVe Eye Repair Cream
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Olay Natural White Foaming Cleanser
Chanel Precision Mousse Douceur Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser
Lacto Calamine Sun Shield Daily Use Sunscreen (Oily to Normal Skin) Review
Lotus Herbals Daily Multi-Functional Sun Block SPF 70
Neutrogena Sport Face Sunblock SPF 70+ Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 100+