Chambor Touch-up Concealer Stick Review
What Chambor says about the product:
Is a Soft Natural Concealer which helps in concealing dark circles, tiny lines, imperfections, under eye shadows & blemishes. Cream Based Formula suitable for all skin types.
Wtg – 1.6 gms
Cost – Rs. 495 (not sure of the current cost)
Comes in 4 shades and I have the darkest one (sorry don’t remember the number / shade)
Chambor stick is a pencil concealer which can be used aptly as the name suggest “Touch Up”. Lookwise very similar to the Colorbar Stick concealer. It has to be sharpened and I guess thats a CON.
The stick has been with me for past 2 years and as you can see it’s been well used . 🙂
Let’s start with why I purchased the product.
Over the last few years I had started developing adult acne (never had them in my teens) and it would always leave big dark marks on my skin. Add to it high pigmentation due to age, sun and thyroid, my skin looked full of spots….So to cut the long story short, I needed quick fixes for those dark spots and this stick was perfect for – on the go when I barely have couple of mins to get ready for work.
Chambor was the only international brand I could muster courage to go and say hi…have few collection of NP’s, lippies and compact from them and so the obvious choice was ask for a concealer which could be used anywhere anytime….(MAC was still a distinct dream for me then)
This is how the concealer looks on my skin…as you can see it’s quite light compared to my skin color, but concealers are supposed to be a bit light colored right ☺
How do I use it…
– I do the normal cleanse + moisturise and then apply pencil on the blemishes wherever req, nose area and area around lips…
– Blend it on the skin a bit with my hand – very gently and then dab a compact to set it..
– Its creamy and blends really well…
Most days am done with just these 3 steps 🙂
Though Chambor says it can be used in concealing dark circles…I have tried using it few times and because it’s a stick, it tugs and does not really spread well..so its not meant for large areas. Also I have prominent dark circles, so this does nothing to hide it except make it look cakey….
Here’s how it works….
As you can see that the small mole on my hand is almost not visibile…
Let’s get to Pros and Cons.
PROS of Chambor Touch up Concealer Stick
1. Pocket friendly, non-messy and can be carried everywhere
2. Extremely creamy and thus blends well
3. Hides minor imperfections / blemishes
4. Buildable but with caution
5. A little product required and thus goes on for a long time.
6. Never broke me I safely apply on my existing acne and it does not aggravate the same..
CONS of Chambor Touch up Concealer Stick
1. Bit expensive – atleast more than colorbar one…am not sure of the current cost.
2. Staying power not very great….max 2 / 3 hrs if you don’t go out in sun / humid climate.
3. Does not completely hide dark blemishes….lightens them
4. Not for large areas…def not for dark undereyes.
Overall I really like the stick, but would have loved if it stay put for longer time but no complaints. Touch-ups are easier.
Will I repurchase – I would like to try the colorbar stick but otherwise YES…
Rating – Would give 3.5