WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Chambor White Crystal Whitening Essence
Before the summer actually started I was using this Chambor Whitening Essence expecting that this would turn me really fair 😉 I got this while I was shopping at Lifestyle. The SA girls were almost dragging [even irritating] me asking me to check out their products and as I was out of my Garnier cream I wanted to buy one face cream for myself. They showed me all these products from their ‘White’ range, which had the following
- White Advertorial [ I have no idea what this means !!!]
- White Clarifying Softener
- White Cleansing Foam
- White Crystal Essence
- White Gel Mask
- White Moisturizing Cream
- White Moisturizing Lotion
- White UV Protector
I was really confused between the Crystal Essence and Moisturizing Cream but later I decided to get the smaller one [Crystal Essence], try it and if at all the brand is satisfactory then I can try out more or get bigger tubes and bottles. The bottle read it suits all skin types so I didn’t think too much before I bought this.
White Essence claims that it has double whitening action for a healthy and radiant skin with active whitening vitamin C derivatives. This has a skin refinement system that penetrates quickly to dramatically improve skin clarity and texture. A specially formulated essence delivers whitening agents to turn a dull complexion into a radiant, translucent one.
- Whitens with Vitamin C derivatives.
- Brightens with Vitamin E derivatives.
- Fights Free radicals with Sakura Leaf.
The Result is: Flawless, radiant, luminous skin!
Directions to Use:
Gently squeeze out few drops of Whitening Essence and spread evenly on face, particularly over spots.
Another reason to pick this product is its smell. It smells like my old shampoo that I used during my school days. I don’t remember the name of the shampoo but I can never forget the smell. I don’t know how many of you will like the smell of a shampoo in a face cream, even I would have not if at all it didn’t remind me of my school days When I tried it, this was very light and I thought this would not leave my skin sticky. The availability in a small tube did impress me as always. 🙂
- A very light lotion and hence it doesn’t make my face oily. At the same time my skin just “shines” according to what people say. I like that shine on my face. That is one reason I like this product but can’t assure that it will be the same for others as well.
- Easy to apply as it is in the form of a liquid / lotion. It spreads very easily and covers all the areas.
- It is a small tube and hence easy to carry around in our handbags.
- Easily available and the brand is not new to any of us. You can find this one in any drug store or Lifestyle stores.
- I like the smell as I said it reminds me of the shampoo I used long back. It is not very strong and does not bother me much through out the day.
- This small tube lasts long. Since a small amount would suffice for the shine it gives, I used this tube for approximately 3 months.
- I feel this is very expensive at the price of Rs.750 for 30 ml. I really didn’t check the price until I went to the billing counter. Neither I saw any rate mentioned in the tube and this was a big shock for me and I was a bit confused whether to buy this or not.
- It didn’t ruin my skin at the same time I didn’t notice any improvement [other than the daily shine] especially no whiteness as it claims. This was again a disappointment.
- Sometime the content just oozes out without control, as it is very liquid. I have spilled it many times while I am rushing. So we have to be really patient and careful while opening the lid.
- Due to the above point I am not sure whether it spills easily or leaks out. I have never tried carrying it with me as I use it just once every day in the morning.
- Though it claims it suits all skin types, I am very skeptic whether it will suit oily skin. As it leaves my skin with that minimal shine I am not sure how well it will suit people with oily skin.
Will I repurchase? Not sure because of the price and nil-whitening effect. I think I won’t.
Rating: :-* :-* :-*
This one is another disappointing face cream that leaves me craving for my old magical Garnier Pure A Cream. Suggest me a good one please……