Hola Ladies!!! Guess who is back (:cat2: meow!)
So I was missing in action not because I did not have anything to review but because I had the lazybones syndrome :shame: :giggle: heheh, anyway I am back now. :beauty:
Today’s review is going to be about a moisturizer from the brand CHANDRA, (yes you hear it right… it is called Chandra), and I am pretty sure most of you haven’t heard of the brand, I hadn’t either when I got the gift pack ?:) . The beautiful gift pack contained moisturizer, body butter and night cream. Now I use the gift box to store my stoles.
I have looked for this brand, high and low but just like me stores had never even heard of this brand ?:) . But just a month back I saw a shelf full of their products at NEW U in DLF Promenade.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:-
Name: Chandra Face Care (For dry skin)
Made in India
Distributed by: Natural wellness, USA, Inc
Arlington, TX, 76015
What CHANDRA FACE CARE claims: – Chamomile with Vitamin E. Moisturizing lotion for dry skin
Keeps your skin looking smooth and fresh with the goodness of chamomile and vitamin E.
Directions for use: After cleansing, gently apply to face and neck. Use daily for soft, supple skin.
Ingredients: Purified water, vegetable glycerin, almond oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetylalchohol, cetearyl olivate/ sorbitan olivate, glycerin monostearate, grape seed oil, 2-4 dichlorobenzyl alcohol, 2-phenoxyethanol , wheat germ oil, chamomile oil, carrot seed oil.
For external use only. Keep away from eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue if rash or skin irritation occurs. Use only as directed. (Hmm… is there any other way of using it?)
PRICE: Not sure something around Rs 500 for a 200ml bottle. I have a 100ml bottle.
They have mentioned a website on the bottle which is www.veria.com , but the strange thing is that I could not find even one Chandra product on the website. But while searching I found Chandra products on Amazon- a Chandra Ayurvedic Apricot Almond Face Mask, Chandra Ayurvedic Face Cleanser with Margosa and also Macadamia with Lotus Moisturizer: Anti-aging Blend.
Everyone is aware of the benefits of Vitamin E let me talk about chamomile. It softens the skin, has healing, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Works as an antioxidant and is an excellent cure for rashes and skin complaints. In addition to these, as it promotes granulation and cell regeneration, is great as an active ingredient in anti-aging/ night creams. :cute:
Pros Chandra Face Care Chamomile with Vitamin E: :heart:
• The greatest turn off for most of you out here is PARABEN as an ingredient in the skin care product. This is one of those moisturizers which are paraben free.
• Chandra claims to be cruelty free and writes NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS in bold on its bottle.
• They claim of not using any artificial fragrance or color.
• The moisturizer is a white liquid and is definitely lighter in consistency, in comparison with other moisturizers.
• It has a fine herb like aroma which is mild and reminded me of chamomile tea and it’s obvious because this has chamomile.
• Usually lotions for dry skin are sticky, thick and create a layer of oil on the skin and yet are unable to provide moisturization to the dehydrated skin. This lotion provides hydration and makes the skin minus the oiliness.
• I used it as a hand lotion as well and I can say it did a great job as a hand lotion as well.
• It did not irritate my skin in anyway and neither did it break me out.
• I feel it will work for people with extremely dry skin in summers as well.
My skin type swings from dry – (normal) – combination and I used it in winters, and it worked well. I can’t say whether this will be as effective for extremely dry skin people.
Cons Chandra Face Care Chamomile with Vitamin E: :brokenheart:
• It has absolutely no sun protection, no SPF at all.
• Chandra lacks good marketing strategy as no one has heard about them.
• The products aren’t available easily, haven’t seen anywhere except at NEW U DLF promenade and that was a month back.
• The entire counter at NEW U looked washed out as the packaging lacks color. If it was kept among other products would have noticed that it was there.
• I feel it’s expensive considering it really hasn’t got hold of the market yet.
About whether I would repurchase or recommend: This is a great product, however when I come to think about it, somehow this moisturizer lacks that oomph if I may call it, which makes you want to buy the product again. :-/ .In short I won’t really recommend or spend money on it.
My overall rating: :star: :star: :star: ( -2 stars for being boring)
Also Read :
Lakme Peach & Plum Daily Glow Moisturiser Review
Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser Review
Lakme Winter Care Moisturiser Review
Acnemoist – Oil Free Moisturiser for Acne Prone Skin Review
Chambor Hydra Max Cleanser, Toner and Moisturiser – Review
Garnier Skin Naturals Face Wash & Sun Control Daily Moisturiser Review
FabIndia SeaBuckThorn Moisturizer Review
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!