WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Skin type : Normal to Dry
Skin tone : Medium olive/yellow undertone
Hi Everyone, 🙂
Let me start by stating that I adore Chanel foundation, I really do! They are some of the best available in the market, especially in our Indian market where we don’t have half of the world’s awesomest brands available. I picked this foundation from Paris but I am pretty sure it is available here in Chanel boutiques as well. This foundation is meant to give a second-skin experience.
£98/INR 8000 approximately. Available in 6 shades. I use the second last darkest shade beige 40
Let me add the good and bad pointers for this one:
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It has light to medium coverage and feels and looks like nothing on the skin, but then, I have never faced any fake-looking skin problems with any Chanel foundation.
- It has a thick creamy texture that blends like a dream on the skin.
- Once you blend the foundation on your skin, it does look like your second skin. It looks like your skin but better, which is actually what you want from your foundation.
- I personally like to use this foundation with my finger tips. I just dot the foundation one the skin and blend it away with my finger tips and it works like a charm.
- There are only 6 shades available. I use the shade Beige 40 which is the second last darkest shade on the range and it’s a little pinky for me. Sometimes, I get away with it because the coverage is not heavy. Sometimes when OCD hits, I mix it with other foundations to make the color match to the T. There are no shades available for dusky complexions.
It includes 3 plant-origin ingredients: glycerin, biosaccharide 9
helps in keeping skin moisturised and also helps with irritated skin) and phytosqualane (is a natural moisturiser and can help in restoring the natural oils of the skin). All three ingredients are meant to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised while you have it on.
It gives a lovely radiant finish to the skin and you don’t need too much powder to set. It sets on its own, does not settle in fine lines and gives that lovely blurred/smooth look to the skin. It does not have SPF, which is absolutely fantastic. It photographs beautifully. It is a very long-lasting foundation. You can wear it sheer for day to day basis or can build it up for an evening look.
It does not enhance the pores on the skin. It is neither too dewy nor too dry. It has a lovely satiny finish to the skin. I would not recommend it for people with oily skin. I am not a fan of perfume in this foundation and this one has quite a strong fragrance. It does smell nice but I wouldn’t care about it.
It is very long lasting, I have worn it in this crazy Delhi summer heat during day time and I have had no fiasco with my foundation melting or looking greasy. It last for good 6+ hours on me before I felt I needed a touch up.
It comes in a heavy glass jar. It’s messy, unhygienic and difficult to travel with. It also comes with a gorgeous high-quality brush. Honestly, I always feel that this brush is best only for the application and not for really blending out the foundation. It’s too dense to blend out the product seamlessly. It’s a lovely addition in my brush collection though. I love to use it for cream blushes.
Honestly, I am not going ga-ga about this foundation. I still like Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Lumiere more than this one. The packaging and the price are both a bit bummer for me. It is too expensive for what it is…even for Chanel. I would absolutely use it because I do like this foundation. However, I would not repurchase this. There are so many gorgeous Chanel foundations to pick from at half the price. I’d definitely go for those instead of this. This is lovely but those are lovely as well.