WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Claims : A new-generation texture. An unprecedented sensory experience. A unique makeup result. Rapid and easy application. VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. Apply your makeup without thinking about it.
Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light…
Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.
Price : 2,500
Shade : BA 40 Beige Ombre Desert
My Experience with Chanle Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation:
- Love-Hate : I have had a love hate relationship with this foundation. I thought I’d be completely “wow-ed” by it but I was slightly disappointed initially. To start with I have normal to dry skin type. I’d start with the hate part first. I bought this foundation last month when the whether was slightly humid. I wore it the first day and after almost 2 hours my face was looking super shiny. It barely ever happens with any foundation of my mine. I did one touch up during the day and my face looked fine. This continued happening for a few days and I was really not happy. I stopped using it for a few days and started using it again when the whether got slightly dry . I totally fell in looovee with this foundation. It does not make my face shiny at all now. It gives a slight glow to the face and stays on like this the entire day. I have come to the conclusion that this is entirely a winter foundation and that too for those with normal to dry skin.
- Texture : It is a thin foundation with slightly runny texture. It feels super light on skin and glides on easily.
- Coverage : It has light to medium coverage. IMHO, it is best for people who already have pretty good skin. If you have lots of blemishes or acne scars to cover, this may not be the best bet. It is buildable without any trace of cakiness but still it is definitely not a full coverage foundation.
- Finish : It is neither matte nor dewy but bends a bit towards matte only. It has absolutely no shimmers (which is awesome) but still manages to give a slight glow to your face.
- Feel : It feels ultra light on skin and looks amazingly natural. One can never tell if you are actually wearing any base makeup, it looks THAT natural. It is almost like a tinted moisturiser with a bit more coverage.
- Fragrance : It is slightly perfume-y but in a nicer way. It’s not over the top.
- Staying Power : I think that’s the most impressive part about this foundation. With or without primer, it goes strong for good 8 hours (& more) on me. On so many days I have had meetings during the day and then outing in the evening. All I had to do was a little powder and blush touch up to transform from day to night. The base has held pretty strong for me. I feel this would change from person to person but still the staying power in general is very good.
- Transfers : It unfortunately transfers if you don’t set it with powder. With powder it just goes on strong .
- Shade Selection: I feel it would be difficult for dusky skin girls to find their shades. I got BA 40 which is slightly peachy for my skin tone . The BA 30 that i tried was slightly yellow for my skintone and was looking a little ashy. But since it is not a heavy coverage foundation the shade works very well for me. The color kinda adapts to my skin tone perfectly after 5-7 minutes of application. I suggest that you try 3-4 shades before you choose one for yourself.
- At no point of time it makes your skin feel uncomfortable.
- Never broke me out.
- It is best applied with finger tips or a stippling brush.
- Packaging : It comes in a travel friendly plastic bottle with a squeeze top. The bottle is not transparent so you can never tell when the foundation would get over. But otherwise it is quite a convenient and easy to use bottle.
Overall, I am highly satisfied with this foundation. But I would try to finish it up during the fall winter months only. I don’t have to bother about my foundation looking un natural or cakey. Chanel Vitalumeire Aqua does live up to its claim of “it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” “.The finish is beautiful without it being too matte or too dewy. I barely touch up my face with powder during the day. Would be best for those for dry-normal to combination skin types. It does not have very high SPF so it looks quite nice in photographs as well. 🙂
Phew! that was a long review. 😛
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : 4.5/5
Have you used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation ? Please rate in the box below
Chanel Dragon Le Vernis Review, NOTD
5 Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick Mademoiselle Dupes
Chanel Coquette Rouge Allure Lipstick Review, Swatch, FOTD
Rouge Allure 67 Excessive Review, Photos and Swatches
Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick Genial Review
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick La Pausa Review
Chanel Rouge Coco 35 Chintz Photos, Review, Swatches (Fall 2010)
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick Mademoiselle Review, Swatch, FOTD
Chanel Le Vernis Mistral
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream Review
Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat Compact Makeup – Powder Review