This review will be on the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Youth Boosting Perfect skin Foundation in the shade 4 Fair.
About The Product:
An air-light formula with wonder powers: it illuminates, smoothes, hydrates, minimizes pores and reduces wrinkles for perfect skin. When it comes to foundation, I have one simple rule: perfect coverage in a light-weight formula. Eyes can be intense, lips can be full on, but your complexion should be seamless, breathable and beautiful. It’s one of my 7 wonders for your skin!
• This innovative technology breathes a diaphanous veil of youth-enhancing tint across your complexion, evening out imperfections and moisturizing the skin. It’s like a halo effect of luminosity and color.
• A pool of youth-boosting actives helps reduce wrinkles, fight uneven skin tone and smooth over the surface for a “baby-skin effect”.
• A botanical alternative to retinol stimulates epidermal renewal by kick-starting collagen production, delaying the onset of wrinkles and creating a perfect makeup base.
• Pseudo-ceramides hydrate your skin for up to 18 hours.
• For dry, normal, combination skin types.
• Oil free.
Perfect for women on the go. Shake well and squeeze a small amount of foundation onto the back of your hand. Apply using a foundation brush or your finger tips.
• For the day, blend it into your skin from the middle outwards, to use as a tinted moisturiser.
• For the evening, carry out the same application but pat onto areas where you need extra coverage, to achieve a flawless yet dewy finish, perfect for that late night naughty close-up!
• For supermodel skin, mix a bit of your foundation with WONDERGLOW for a gorgeous, glowing complexion.
• In the summer, you can extend the multiple uses of your foundation to your body to even out imperfections. Get dressed, then apply LIGHT WONDER to the areas that will be exposed (legs, arms, décolletage)
Price : $45
My Experience with Charlotte Tilbury 4 Fair Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation SPF15:
This product comes in a similar tube as the Wonderglow primer which is basically a squeeze tube with a small nozzle. It does help control the amount you can get out and you cannot squeeze out too much accidently. Simple, practical and classy packaging.
This foundation is not too thick nor too runny but it is on the thinner side. It spreads and blends evenly and easily onto the skin without going patchy. It is equally easy to blend this with a foundation brush or as I prefer using my fingertips.
Coverage & Finish:
This foundation has a light coverage which can be built up to a medium. This foundation will even out you skin and cover minor imperfection but if you have major skin issues which needs camouflaging this alone would not do it and you will need to follow up with a concealer.
I love the finish of this foundation. This has a very beautiful dewy glowy finish on the skin which makes it look healthy. I appreciate the fact that does not have any hint of shimmer particles which I am not a huge fan of. It just gives a beautiful skin like appearance without making the skin look caked up with makeup. You can hardly even tell you are wearing anything by looking at yourself.The glowy finish may be an issue for those with oily skin or those who are not a fan of that look in general, but I can see people with dry – normal skin loving this.
Feel on skin:
The thing I don’t like about this foundation is that, it never feels like it has completely set on my skin. I don’t know if it’s the highly hydrating nature and dewiness of it, but during the wear time of this foundation I can feel this on my skin in a way that if I run my fingers over it and rub them together I feel a slip to it. It does not mean that this foundation is heavy on the skin it’s just that it never truly sets unless I top it off with powder. I love using a non-mattifying powder paired with this foundation to still keep the dewiness intact yet take away some of the excess moisture.This foundation did not emphasize pores or fine lines on my face at all and actually made my skin feel soft and supple.
The staying power of this foundation is not super impressive. On its own without any powder, I can feel the foundation has the slip on the skin and can see it breaking down and getting shiny on my oily areas at about 4-5 hours. Topped with powder, I can get about 6 hours of wear time with a touch-up needed on my oilier areas to keep excessive shine at bay.
I have the shade 4 which is the darkest shade in the “Light” range. The other 2 range are Medium and Dark which have selections within that category. This shade does suit my NW23 skintone very well.
This foundation has a light pleasant floral scent which is not overpowering.Overall, I do like this foundation for its lightweight nature and highly natural looking finish. It makes my skin feel and look dewy,healthy and younger. I do not like the fact that this is way to hydrating that it is imperative for me to set it with a powder and that the wear time is not super impressive. I also do not see this foundation working for everyone, especially those with oily skin, those requiring heavier coverage or those who just don’t like that dewy glowy look. I will recommend this foundation but advise you to judge if this is the foundation for you based on your skin type. This is a very good pick for the summer time.
Pros of Charlotte Tilbury 4 Fair Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation SPF15:
• Lightweight on the skin
• Does not clog my pores or emphasize dry patches or fine lines
• Looks very natural and skin like
• Gives a beautiful healthy dewy glow to the face
• No shimmer particles
• Good shade selection.
• Light pleasant scent
• Classy practical packaging
• Travel-friendly bottle
Cons of Charlotte Tilbury 4 Fair Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation SPF15:
• Gives light-medium coverage. Will not hide major skin imperfections.
• Not impressive staying power.
• Needs to be set with powder or tends to have a slip on the skin
• Makes my oily area get shiny really fast and in need of touchup.
• Not suited for oily skin due to its extremely hydrating and dewy looking nature.
IMBB Rating :
Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer Review
Charlotte Tilbury Multi-Miracle Glow Cleanser Mask and Balm For Baby Soft Skin
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Treat and Transform Moisturiser
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Re-Shape & Re-Size Lip Liner; Pillow Talk
Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Velvet Underground Lipstick
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight
Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Bitch Perfect Lipstick
Charlotte Tilbury Bedroom Black Rock ‘n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil
Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder
Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Love is the Drug Swish & Pop Blusher
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm Review
L’Oreal Youth Code Youth Boosting Day Cream Review
L’Oreal Youth Code Youth Booster Serum Review