Hello Everyone. Hope you all are doing well.
Today I have a real treat for you guys. I recently did a tiny haul from the newly launched brand in the US , the luxury brand Charlotte Tilbury. So expect reviews of them coming your way in the coming days. Consider this a holiday gift to you all.
About The Brand:
Charlotte Tilbury is a British makeup artist who has worked with many well-known photographers and has worked her makeup magic on supermodels such as Kate Moss and Gisele Bündchen. She has her own YouTube Channel and blog and now her own makeup line, which launched last year in the UK and this year in the US.
About The Product: (From Tilbury’s own website)
Enriched with a breakthrough, secret ingredient, the Lipstick Tree, an anti-oxidant that naturally protects lips from UV damage and external pollution leaving them cashmere soft and irresistible. Blended with special waxes and clever light-diffusing pigments for full-bodied, ultra-brilliant lips that ensure you leave a lasting impression!
- The Lip Stick Tree loves your lips, protecting them from UV damage and fighting oxidative stress so that lips are left soft, soothed and hydrated. A tropical plant originating from America, the plump yet prickly red fruits appear like pouting lips that blow kisses at you as you walk by. The color from its seeds was originally used by Indigenous American people to paint and protect their lips.
- Also, contains light-diffusing pigments that give lips a brilliant, luminous, multi-dimensional finish – they capture the light across the lips and reflect it back out for a full-bodied effect.
- A special blend of waxes means this lipstick is a dream to use and glides over the contours of your lips. The result is color rich and buildable, the formula does not bleed outside the lip line.
- Paraben free.
My Experience with Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Velvet Underground Lipstick:
Packaging: The lipstick comes in a super glamorous looking Rose gold bullet with the CT logo on the top of the cap. The cap closes very securely with a click and the bullet is very sturdy. I love the ridges on the entire tube which help it not attract fingerprints and protect it from scratching.
I don’t like the fact that all the lipstick come in the same tube with no indication of shade color, except the name printed on the bottom of the tube. So if someone who owns a couple of this lipstick like me, I have to flip the tube every time to find the color I am looking for.
Color and Pigmentation: The shade “Velvet Underground” is a bright fuchsia, which looks stunning and attention grabbing on the lips. Even though it is super bright it is a very wearable shade as it does not have the neon quality to it. I feel it will flatter many skin tones. The pigmentation is super opaque. One swipe gives you full color and will hide even the most pigmented lips underneath.
It has a cream sheen finish, which is not too glossy. It sits comfortable on the lips without making my lips feel a hint of dryness throughout the wear time. After a few hours of wear, the finish dries down to a satiny finish. It does not bleed at all.
Texture: The lipstick glides on super smooth and evenly. It does not go patchy and does not require you to give multiple overlapping or coating as one swipe is more than enough.
Staying Power: This is a truly long wearing lipstick. I can go 7-8 hours with this on without any touch ups required. It stayes looking freshly applied throughout. It doesn’t make my lips feel dry at all on the contrary my lips feel very smooth and hydrated.
It transfers very minimally and it can even survive through snacking and even a light meal with just a little fading on the inside of the lips. It stains the lips, hence you need a makeup remover to get all color off at the end of the day.
Fragrance: It has a vanilla type scent, very similar to Mac lipsticks.
Overall. Super impressed with this product. It delivers everything I want in a lipstick and with that price tag it did not let me down. I will definitely recommend this product.
Pros of Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Velvet Underground Lipstick
- Super pigmented, One swipe delivers full color
- Very creamy, Glides on lips without any tug
- Very bright yet wearable shade , will flatter many skin tones
- Very impressive staying power
- Beautiful looking packaging
- Pleasant vanilla scent
Cons of Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Velvet Underground Lipstick:
- All the lipstick bullets look exactly the same and need to see the label underneath to find the shade you are looking for.
Top 5 Places To Go Shopping in London
MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick Review, Swatch, FOTD
6 Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Photos, Swatches
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Peach Tango 09P Review
Best Under Eye Creams To Reduce Dark Circles
Tips On Shopping For High End Makeup – Lipsticks
Which International High-End Product Reviews Would You Like on IMBB?
Tips On Shopping For High End Makeup – Part 2
Shopping: Top 5 Online Makeup Shops
Shiseido Perfect Rouge Sublime RD142 Review
Nars Fathom Shimmer Eyeshadow Makes You Shine or Not?
Prada Infusion d’Iris Eau De Parfum Review