This review will be on the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer.
About Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer:
WONDERGLOW is a visionary new anti-age hybrid. It’s a cross between an anti-age elixir and a complexion-enhancing light diffuser to give your skin an instant “spotlight” effect. Collagen-boosting peptides and patented wrinkle-preventing ingredients are fused with light-reflecting microspheres with a fluorescent core that fill in wrinkles and scatter light to blur away lines and flood skin with luminosity. Create the definition of youthful, healthy skin: glowing, hydrated and effervescent. It can be used underneath my LIGHT WONDER foundation, on its own for a relaxed, effortlessly dewy look or on top of makeup through-out the day to give your skin an instant pick-me-up – it’s one of my seven wonders for your skin!
• The state of the art Fluorescent Core Light Diffuser absorbs UV particles from the sun & re-emits their energy as visible light, flooding the skin with powerful luminosity.
• Soft focus ceramic microspheres “roll” into wrinkles and over imperfect skin tone, scattering light to create an anti-age optical illusion. Wrinkles are disguised and skin tone is corrected.
• The anti-age hero, BioNymph Peptide Complex, multi-tasks in the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, improve skin elasticity & generally smooth things over. This is combined with wrinkle-preventing matrikines that recharge the skin’s natural renewal rhythm.
• Sodium Hyaluronate forms a film of hyaluronic acid over the skin, sealing in moisture, whilst extracts of Wild Pansy promote the renewal of hyaluronic acid in the skin surface to retain and flood the skin with moisture.
• Floral accents of rose hip oil and camellia oil regenerate, restructure and moisturise the skin.
Price : $55
My Experience with Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer:
I have been very impressed with Charlotte Tilbury products in the past, especially her lip products and the Film star bronze and glow are my top favorite products from her makeup line, but as far as her base products are concerned I am blown away by them.
This product comes in an elegant squeeze tube which is absolutely fuss-free and travel-friendly.
This wonder glow primer has a good consistency. It is neither too thick nor too thin and spreads easily on the face. It sinks in to skin and does not feel tacky or heavy. My skin instantly feels supple and softer, though I did not notice a lot of smoothing action on the texture of my skin and with regards to it minimizing the appearance my pores.
This product only comes in one universal shade. It does have a strong golden tint to it, hence I feel it may not be suited for all skin tones; especially those who are very fair or pale. But for those with light tones all the way up to dark skin can use this without any problem.
This primer does contain a lot of tiny shimmer particles. The shimmer particles are very fine and are not gritty but are apparent when applied on the face especially under direct light. Charlotte Tilbury claims that this primer brings light and glow to the face, but frankly I did not notice a drastic change to my dull skin. This primer does give a nice dewiness to the face without making it seem too shiny or greasy and gives a nice glowy sheen, which is visible also from underneath sheer coverage foundations; hence that makes it a suitable product to use under matte-looking foundations to give the skin a healthy look. It does have very sheer coverage, hence it does even out skin tone almost barely.
I did not find this primer to make my skin oily or greasy by the end of the day. It felt really comfortable on my normal to dry skin.
This product has a strong perfum-y floral scent which lingers for a while even after the product is applied on the face.
Overall, as I mentioned earlier, I am not highly impressed with this product to recommend this; especially since it does come with a high price tag. My main reason for not loving this is that it does nothing to help even out my skin tone and smooth out the texture of skin and pores’ which is a very important quality to look for in any primer; as it helps any product applied over it to go on smoothly. I did not notice a whole lot of difference in the radiance of my skin, apart from it imparting a very strong dewy look.It does contain a lot shimmer and gives a very dewy look to skin, which some people may not be a fan of.
Pros of Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer:
• Sleek packaging.
• Makes the skin supple and soft.
• Contains ingredients which good for the skin.
• The shimmer particles are very fine and do not feel gritty.
• Feels lightweight on the skin.
• Imparts a nice dewy look to the skin which is apparent even from under foundation.
• Did not make my face greasy or oily by the end of the day.
Cons of Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer:
• Comes in only one shade.
• Contains lots of shimmer.
• Did not cause any reduction in the appearance of my pores.
• Is not very hydrating, I did find the need to use a moisturizer underneath, so that it would not stick to my dry patches.
• Fragrance is not unpleasant but it is very strong,
• Not suitable for oily skin since it does give a very dewy look,
IMBB Rating 3.5/5
Charlotte Tilbury Multi-Miracle Glow Cleanser Mask and Balm For Baby Soft Skin
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Treat and Transform Moisturiser
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Re-Shape & Re-Size Lip Liner; Pillow Talk
Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Velvet Underground Lipstick
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight
Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Bitch Perfect Lipstick
Charlotte Tilbury Bedroom Black Rock ‘n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil
Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder
Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Love is the Drug Swish & Pop Blusher
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm Review
MAC Prep and Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer
ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer
Must Have Eyeshadow Primer : Ask IMBB
ELF Studio Lip Plumper
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
ELF Mineral Eye Shadow Primer
Cream for Oily Skin: Ask IMBB
Urban Decay Eyeshadow PrimerPotion
NYX Studio Perfect Primer