Making your own beauty products is an awesome idea – here’s why – you can make cost-effective products with safe ingredients that have been customized and would suit your skin and hair type. Instead of spending lots of money on expensive beauty products, you can make effective, absolutely safe, and natural beauty products at home. Here are a few ideas that you can try out and save some of your hard-earned money.
1. Sugar Body Scrub: Take one-fourth cup ground coffee, one-fourth cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 Vitamin E capsules (and extracted oil from the slit Vitamin E capsule). Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, you can add more oil if the mixture is too dry for your liking. Use this scrub on your entire body and massage gently for 10-15 seconds, concentrating more on problem areas like elbows, knees etc. Rinse with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer to retain the moisture in the skin. Coffee has been rumoured to reduce cellulite and help with varicose veins. Whether those claims are true or not, this scrub will definitely make your skin silky smooth.
2. Dandruff Shampoo: Mix a few drops of lemon juice in with one egg. Beat the mixture until it becomes frothy. Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and then apply it to the hair all over the head. Work it through thoroughly with your fingers or a large tooth comb. Cover hair with a plastic shower cap and wait between 15 and 45 minutes. Shampoo, condition and rinse for flake free hair.
3. Homemade Herbal Shampoo To Stop Hair Fall: Cleanse your hair with this herbal shampoo made with shikakai, reetha, and other herbal ingredients that boosts hair growth and prevents hair fall as well. Full recipe to make this shampoo here.
4. Moisturizing Hair mask: Take one tablespoon honey, two tablespoon castor oil and one egg. Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste and then apply this mask on your hair. Leave on for about an hour, then shampoo and condition as usual to add softness and shine to your dull and dry hair.
5. Hydrating Winter Body Lotion: Take 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup beeswax (easily available online) and 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil. Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar. Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat. Put a lid on the jar loosely and place in the pan with the water. As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occasionally to incorporate. When all ingredients are completely melted, pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Use as you would regular lotion. Use within 6 months for best moisturizing benefits.
6. Chemical-Free Almond Kajal: Light a candle and hold almond near the flame until you feel the heat. Hold the spoon in an inverted position above the almond, so that it will collect the soot. Allow the almond to burn for some time and you can see soot is collecting on the spoon. Now add some coconut oil to the soot and mix it using Q-tip. Almond kajal is extremely easy to make and you can use it on a daily basis.
7. Homemade Aloe Vera Gel: We all know aloe vera gel’s amazing benefit for skin and hair, and if it’s natural and made at home, the benefits are doubled because it is 100% natural and chemical free. Two methods to make aloe vera gel are shown in detail in this post.
8. Homemade Rose Water: Make your own crystal-clear rose water without using any chemicals with this method.