I avoid using a lot of styling products on my hair because the long list of chemicals look scary to me and since I inherited the tendency of premature greying of hair, I am skeptical about products that I use for my hair. But obviously, I cannot be completely au natural about my hair needs and hence have to use a good serum and a setting spray to fix my hair and make it more presentable when I head out.
Fast drying aerosol hair spray protects against humidity and creates voluminous full-bodied looks. Extra firm. Fast drying.
$6.50 for 2.6 oz.
My Experience with Chi Helmet Head Extra Firm Hair Spray:
I bought this product because it claims to be extra firm and fast drying. It has good reviews and most salons and hair experts recommend Chi products. They claim that Chi products are good, less damaging to hair, and perform well. I also do not believe in dousing my hair with tons of products, so I was searching out for a multi-tasking product – the kind which can act as a hair styling spray, hair control spray, should have a firm hold to keep a hair do in place, and above all, should be less damaging to hair.
This hair spray comes in two sizes – 12 oz and 2.6 oz. The product comes in an aluminium bottle with a spray mechanism (the kind which is common for hair spray bottles). The finish of the bottle is shiny red and that gives it a classy and elegant finish (also a ruse to lure consumers). The other side of the bottle has a long list of ingredients, which is a big concern for me, but then no matter how expensive a hair spray, it invariably has a long list of ingredients.
I use my hair styling purposes in the same manner and for same purpose. I use this hair spray to fix my fly-a-way hair and if I ever make a different hair do, I spray it with the hair spray to keep it intact and mess free. I found that this spray does help control to control my hair well and has a strong hold – better than the Living Proof hair spray that I had reviewed in the recent past.
It has a very subtle fragrance which vanishes soon after application. It also does not leave behind flaky white residue as some hair sprays do and does not give an oily or greasy look to hair. It is not as pricey as the one by Living Proof and claims to contain some proteins that are beneficial for hair; I sincerely hope that this claim is true.
Pros of Chi Helmet Head Extra Firm Hair Spray:
- Good hair spray from a reliable brand – endorsed by most of the hair salons that I visit and the beauty gurus I follow.
- Comes in two sizes and one can try the smaller size before investing in a bigger size bottle.
- Comes in a sturdy bottle which does not appear or feel cheap – it has a rather eye catchy look.
- Claims to have ionic and cationic hydration interlink technology.
- Works well as a hair control spray.
- Does not have a strong artificial fragrance.
- Does not make hair oily.
- Does not leave behind any residue.
- Firm hold, good for keeping pretty hairdos in place, especially when I wear curls.
Cons of Chi Helmet Head Extra Firm Hair Spray:
- It has a long list of chemicals, which is a big concern for me since I avoid using products with a lot of artificial chemicals.
- Can be expensive for some and they might want to look for more affordable dupes by L’Oreal.
- After using it for 2-3 days back to back, it makes my greasy and I am forced to shampoo my hair.
Would I Recommend Chi Helmet Head Extra Firm Hair Spray?
It is a good hair control spray which serves my needs well. It does not harm my hair in a visible manner. I do recommend it to all those who are on the look for a good and well performing hair spray.
CHI Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex
Nova Gold Super Firm Hold Hair Spray
Percy and Reed Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hair Spray
TRESemme Salon Finish Firm Hold Hair Spray
John Freida Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm – Hold Hair Spray