How To Choose Belts For Women
Belts are much well-loved accessories of women. Not only do belts help a woman to frame her fashion statement, they also ensure that the trousers (or jeans) she wears fit her better. If you are plump, you can wear the belts to look slimmer! Are you wondering how can that be possible? Well, the recent trends show that those gorgeous broad belts can be worn high above your waist in the most stylish way so that your tummy does not bulge out. If you are thin and the pants don’t fit you well, the belts are always there to keep your trousers in place so that you do not look clumsy! Thus, opting for the right belt can go a long way in defining the person you are and helping you to carry the attitude you are in love with. Choose wisely and this accessory would make you stand far above the rest!
Choosing From The Range Of Belts Based On Occasions And Attires
Belts come in a gamut of shapes, sizes and styles. Here are a few tips for you as you consider picking up from the wide range of belts available-
• Classic leather belts– If you are planning for a special dinner with your colleagues or business associates, go for a dressy belt to suit your needs. A dressy belt is a leather belt, generally available in one concrete color. It can be paired with any garment of your choice. So, if you need one belt to cater to multiple occasions, go for a classic leather belt.
• Casual belts– If you want to wear belts with a pair of slacks or jeans and flaunt a casual look, go for a casual belt that comes in various colors and fresh designs.
• Beaded Belts– They come in beads of vivid colors. They look very feminine and adorn your waistline beautifully.
• Buckle belts– If you are in love with buckles, go for a buckle belt. You find them in plain as well as in flamboyant varieties. While regular buckles are generally square or round in shapes, there is an array of choice for buckles. You get them in golden, bronze, silver and copper color tones.
• Reversible belts– When you want a belt that can be worn with a variety of outfits, try to invest in a reversible belt. These belts are available in various styles and often come in different solid colors.
• Chain belts– If you want to invest in a belt to accessorize your outfits, go for chain belts. Sashes function as add-ons when you do not really need a belt but want to enhance the dimensions or add color to your dress. They often look like necklace chains and can have a series of similar or dissimilar shapes joined in a sequence.
Choosing The Right Belt- Aspects To Consider
While you go shopping, remember that as a woman of taste, you need to be wise in your selection. Go for a belt that would help you to flaunt your attitude and make a style statement that would catch your eyes. Here are a few tips for you-
• Decide on the kind of attire you want to pair it with. This would help you understand the type of belt you should be investing in.
• Understand the body type you are blessed with. If for instance, if you are overweight, buying a large and broad belt is a better option for you; if you are very thin, those supper skinny belts are just right for you. Here are a few tips for you based on your body types and your wish-list-
o Take notice of your waist and your hips. If you want to flaunt your wonderfully-shaped hips, go for belts that would be slung low along your hips.
o Is your waist rather short? Go for thin belts that would match with your top or t-shirt. On the other hand, if your waist is long, buy a thick belt that matches with your bottom wear.
o If the upper part of your body is narrow when compared with your thighs and hips, wide belts would be perfect for you.
This would attract eyes on your torso and your bust. However, if you do not want it that way, go for a basic black-colored belt.
o Do you have a full upper body or a thick waist? In that case, go for wide belts in solid colors and dark shades. If you love skinny belts, you must try to lay your hands on the broadest skinny belt.
• Consider the length of the belt. The strap should not be too short or too long. If it is too short, it would cause you uneasiness while a long strap would look odd. Go for the belt strap that fits you properly.
• Go for the color and style that compliments your figure and your dress. You get a wide range of colors and shapes when it comes to fashion belts.
With an eye for these little details, I am sure you would buy the best belts around. Happy shopping!
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How To Wear Belts
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How To get Rid of Dark Lips : Daily Beauty Tips
How to Find Skin Tone
How To Make Kajal (Kohl) for Eyes at Home
36 thoughts on “How To Choose Belts For Women”
wow … :yes: now im wondering why the hell i never wear belts !!! ?:) ?:) ?:)
hehe……dats cool Heeba! im sure now u r going to wear one….and the right one of course! 😀
oooooh…super skinny belts for me :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
that chain belt looks so nice :waytogo:
Nice article! :yes:
i swear Gargi…..the chain belt look very nice..im planning to get one :))
I had written a similar article- with Same piccys/…. hehehehhehehe
Very good article Bee…i just went thru it :toothygrin: same same 😉
This means we think alike… huggs
Oooh~ Nice article!!
Now,I want a chain belt too. 😀
Thankewwwww Pragnyadeepta :thanks: Me tooooooooooooo want a chain belt… :tongue:
I went SHOPPPPPIIIINNNGGGGGG today…… :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
wowww Nids— kya liya???? share share!!!
i got 2 sets of brass bangles bee… n set includes 7-8 bangles each… tht to on disc :woot: :woot: :woot: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: … sum useful stuff frm TBS & my long awaited maybelline gel liner :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: … wanted to buy a foundation but they didnt have a tester for the shade tht wud hav actually suited me so left tht for now 😐 😐 😐 .. maybe next week.. :teeth
dats great Nids…..im planning to go shopping tomorrow :yahoo: :yahoo:
yayyyy congrats !!!! even I love colorful bangles :pompom:
Bee…..i was thinking of asking u this…hoz ur hand now? u burnt it badly last month na?
Thanks Somreeta 🙂 its better now but left a long brown mark which is visible when I wear short sleeved tops.. ehhee
oooooooooo 🙁 Dats bad…..but im sure it would go with time! but pain toh nahi hai na?
nahi- thank god abhi pain nahi hain – and the mark might start peeling in some days 🙂 do let me know if you know anything to make it go soon…
Thanks again sweets 🙂
dont thank me dear..its the least i could do for u…i dont know much abt effective remedies to get rid of scars… 🙁 BTW, I searched on net and got these few links for u…u can see them if that would help….
Hey Bee, I got burnt recently too. I don’t know if this ointment wud be available there but ‘Silverex’ ointment helped me a lot! Did it form a boil and burst? (Mine did 🙁 )
Oh Ankita….hope u r fine now…! I know abt a certain ointment…BURNOL…it reduces the burning sensation and treats the pain…dont think its effective on burn scars..take care 🙂
Bee….i have just shared a few links here for u…the comment is awaiting moderation. hope u wil be able to see them soon 🙂
yeah,… its shopping season… every1 shud take advantage of it.. so go n shop m njoyy…
n Bee n ankita.. tc gals.. the mark automatically disappears after sumtime.. i to keep burning my hands either while cooking or ironng the clothes. :weep: :weep:
silverex is a brand name..u can try any ointment containing ”silver sulfadiazine”
it will help 🙂
luxe belts kahan se lau 🙁
@shaili- If you are in mumbai try fashion street or colaba- main saare antique belts and luxe belts wahi se leti thi… 😀 they will be in some kona~
In Kolkata….u get whole lot of belts in Esplanade area…at veryyyy cheap prices! and then toh branded shops r always there…!
me not in kolkata or mumbai
me in dilli
but thnx sweeties..beena n somreeta :puchhi:
I love love LOVE wide belts! 😀 😀
ya i was wondering i have seen these pics before!
nice articles Somreeta and Bee!! great info!
Thanx Aashima 🙂
i love belts but i tend to stick to the simpler ones.. :))very good pointers somreeta. :))
thats true for me as well 🙂 i love plain leather belts..though im planning to get a chain belt now… Thank u Rati :puchhi:
that looks nice for evening na.. 🙂 I have one white belt with little studs., I like wearing it for evening dinners. 😀 I wan to buy a nice red belt next. :))
yaaaaaaaa…they look super nice 😉 now, i want a red belt too :tongue: