$50 for a nail lacquer! Is it worth the hype and the price? Again, like the Christian Louboutin lipsticks, this one is certainly a collector’s item. It looks pretty on the dressing table but, I think there are several other nail lacquers that offer better formulation and are worth the price. For example, the ones from Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Dolce and Gabbana, Ciate London and many more. Today, I’m reviewing the Christian Louboutin Nail Colour in the shade Daffodile. Read on to know more.
• Glass faceted bottle features a tall slender cap inspired by calligraphy, turning the application into a luxurious experience, inviting women to take their time.
• Custom-designed, patented triangular brush picks up the right amount of formula, without air bubbles and delivers flawless, chip-resistant coverage.
• Highly pigmented, super glossy formula achieves in just two coats the effect of 20 layers of traditional lacquer.
• Enclosed in a nude soft touch presentation box with a gunmetal reveal.
Made in USA.
Formulated without Toluene, Formaldehyde or DBP. Gluten-free.
My Experience with Christian Louboutin Daffodile Nail Colour:
I kind of like the packaging of this nail colour. It has a massive cap, inspired by the famous 8 inches tall ballerina heel shoes created by Louboutin. Surprisingly, the long handle makes it easier to apply the nail colour. It feels like using a pen. The bristles of the brush pick up the right amount of the product. The nail lacquer is encased in a uniquely shaped bottle.
The quality of this nail colour is amazing. It has a gel-like finish; it is pigmented and opaque. I was truly amazed by the formula and the shade “Daffodile” is a dark grey n*de colour which looks pretty on the nails. I was hoping that it will last pretty well on the nails but, it starts chipping the very next day after application. It was quite disappointing for such an expensive product.
If you don’t mind reapplying after every 2 or 3 days, then this is a beautiful formula and the shade range is amazing. This range offers beautiful bright shades from n*des to dark vampy shades. The brush makes the application easy and precise. The formula glides on the nails very easily. It dries down way faster than the average nail polishes. It is very easy to apply and doesn’t streak or bubble at all.
Pros of Christian Louboutin Daffodile Nail Colour:
- Pigmented and opaque.
- “Daffodile” is a dark grey n*de color that looks pretty on the nails.
- Provides a beautiful gel-like finish.
- Unique and luxe packaging.
- Beautiful shade range.
- Dries down quickly.
- The applicator makes the application process easier.
- Doesn’t streak or bubble.
Cons of Christian Louboutin Daffodile Nail Colour:
- Starts to chip the next day after application.
- Availability in India.
IMBB Rating: 3.8/5
Will I Recommend/Repurchase Christian Louboutin Daffodile Nail Colour?
It is one of the most expensive nail lacquers out there. But, to be honest, it looks very pretty, unique and luxurious. The quality of the nail lacquer is amazing and I don’t mind taking out this pretty bottle after every 2-3 days to reapply.
Christian Louboutin Bengali Nail Colour
Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin Nail Colour is a Stunning Collector’s Item
Christian Louboutin – The Noirs Bianca Nail Colour
Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Paints in 4 Shades
Lakme True Wear Nail Polish
Nail Polishes That Would Look Great on Dark Skin
Avon Matte Nail Paint Grey Cement
6 Street Wear Color Rich Nail Polish
5 Lotus Herbals Color Dew Nail Enamel