WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Claims : An elegant moisturizing lipstick that reflects the exquisite beauty of a rose with a velvet finish. Infuses lips with luxurious color, texture, and skincare effects for a look of radiance like never before.
Price : USD 40 for lipstick + USD 25 for case
Cle De Peau Extra Rich Lipstick Velvet Rosy Red 303
I took a lot of new products with me during my recent trip. This way I get to try new products whole heartedly while I am travelling and then it I can post reviews about them once I am back. I have had this Cle de Peau lipstick for months now but I started using it a month back only and I am hooked to it. There are a whole lot of pros and cons with this one. So let’s start with pros first.
- Rosy Red 303 is a gorgeous warm rose pink color. It’s like your every day color that you’d use without any second thoughts. It’s a great shade for light to medium to mid dusky skin tones. For some it would be a fabulous MLBB color and on lighter skin tones it may look more reddish than rose pink. But a stunning versatile everyday shade. It reminds me of shades like MAC Mehr, Tom Ford Casablanca, or Colorbar irish Rose Lipstick.
- It comes packed in a stunning midnight blue and gold packaging. It makes for a bulky travel lipstick but you can always pull the lipstick out of the cover and just carry the round tube to save space.
- The texture is so gorgeously creamy and velvety. It feels very luxurious and hydrating on lips.
- It does not settle in fine lines or smudge.
- It does transfer a bit but that is not a huge issue of me.
- The staying power is around 5+ hours on me and it leaves a lovely rosy stain behind.
- There is no significant fragrance or taste to it.
- It is beautifully pigmented. One swipe gives a full on color.
- The lipstick bullet has a unique interesting shape. I took time to get used to it but now I like how it easily it gets to the edges of the lips.
- The lipstick is sold separately for the case. I mean such a bummer. I guess the logic is that once you buy the case you don’t have to repurchase it every time. But we women don’t wait for one lipstick to finish and then pick the next one.So basically either you pay for the case every time to make your lipstick look luxurious or you get a simple round tube of lipstick. Doe snot justify the price, imo, at all.
- With the case being so huge it does not fit in any of my lipstick stands. I have to store it separately.
That said, it is a fabulous lipstick but it is not most amazing lipstick I have used at this price point. There is such a vast variety of lipsticks available in luxury segment that you can find both the color and a gorgeous packaging at either same or lower price.
Love the color and would totally enjoy using it. But may not repurchase. It’s like a treat. If you feel like indulging definitely go for it. 🙂
Rating : 4/5
Clé de Peau Beauté Rouge à Lèvres 311 Extra Rich Lipstick
Cle De Peau La Creme Review, Swatch
Cle De Peau Radiant Powder Foundation Review, Swatch
Cle De Peau Beaute Sheer Veil Fluid Review
Clé de Peau Beauté Silky Cream Foundation
Clé de Peau Beauté Rouge à Lèvres 311 Extra Rich Lipstick Review, Swatches
Clé de Peau Beauté Luminizing Face Enhancer – 13 Sand Beige Review
Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer Review
DiorSkin Nude Compact Review
Dior Skin Forever Compact 023 Peach Review
Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat Compact Makeup – Powder Review
Chanel Double Perfection Natural Matte Powder Makeup Review