Morning Burst® skin brightening scrub is formulated with Bursting Beads® and a unique blend of caffeine, lemon and papaya. It invigorates your senses and helps brighten your skin’s appearance. Skin appears instantly refreshed and leaves you ready to face your day.
After having used the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser with Bursting Beads for a couple of years and having absolutely loved it, I decided to experiment with some more products from this very exciting and colourful range. I’m obsessed with face wash, scrub and other bath products, which is why I am always ready to try the new ones out!
The Skin Brightening Facial Scrub was the second product that I purchased from the Clean and Clear Morning Burst range. I picked it up from one of the drugstores during my last visit to the US. It isn’t available in India (yet), but it’s very easily available in the US. So, if you’re taking a trip or if you know someone who’s visiting from there, you could give this one a try. There is, however, the Clean and Clear Morning Energy range that is now available in India, but the “Morning Burst” range is not the same. However, let me first guide you through whether or not this one is worth a shot.
Now, first things first. This is a facial scrub and not a regular facial cleanser. It is gel based and it is infused with colourful bursting beads that are meant to gently exfoliate your skin. This is the type of face scrub that mildly lathers as it exfoliates your skin. So, if you like that kind of a scrub, then this is a good option.
If you have used the Morning Burst Facial Cleanser and loved it, then I think that this one will be a little bit of a disappointment. However, you must note that I am comparing a cleanser with a scrub—so, I’m trying to say that Morning Burst Facial Cleanser exceeded a lot of expectations that I have from a cleanser but I cannot say the same for the scrub.
I opted for the scrub and not for another cleanser (there is also the Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser available) because I needed an exfoliating face product with me during that trip. However, this one is not all that extraordinary. For instance, the Morning Burst Facial Cleanser was a refreshing surprise the first time I used it. This one wasn’t.
Pros of Clean and Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub:
- It exfoliates your skin to a fair extent and is gentle enough to be used every day.
- It contains lemon, papaya and caffeine: all three are meant to be skin “brightening” agents. Your skin does look visibly brighter right after using this.
- It seems to be suitable for acne-prone skin, as I think is the case with most Clean and Clear products.
- It does not dry out the skin too much like some other face scrubs/cleansers.
- Skin feels smooth and looks visibly brighter after every use.
- It has a pleasant, citrus-like fragrance.
- The packaging is bright and attractive, and the product really stands out in the bathroom 🙂
Cons of Clean and Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub:
- As with all Clean and Clear products, this one is heavily loaded with parabens, which makes me very uncomfortable. However, I prefer a face wash with parabens to a lotion with parabens (if I must choose at least one!) as the former doesn’t sit on your skin for too long and is washed off within minutes.
- It doesn’t seem to do anything in particular for the skin in the long run. It isn’t exactly an anti-tan scrub and does not have any “skin-lightening” properties, as one might be led to believe. Its effect is visible only in the brightening of the skin immediately after use.
- When I really need to exfoliate my skin (before applying make-up, for instance), I choose a more vigorous scrub. This one is gentle, but it doesn’t always give you the ideal exfoliation effect.
- It doesn’t really “wake you up” like the “Morning Burst Facial Cleanser” effectively does. You may not necessarily look forward to this on a sleepy morning.
Verdict on Clean and Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub:
As a scrub, this isn’t bad. It’s a regular, gentle scrub that has a very attractive packaging and great sounding ingredients; however, there isn’t anything special about this product apart from that. But, remember, this isn’t a review on the variants of this product. I haven’t tried the Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser yet. However, if you are keen to try out the Clean and Clear Morning Burst range, I recommend the Morning Burst Facial Cleanser.
About $7-$9 for 5oz./141g, depending on where you purchase it from.
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
Himalaya Neem Face Wash vs Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Wash
Clean and Clear Deep Action Cleanser
Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub
Clean and Clear Shine Control Daily Facial Wash
Clean & Clear Acne Clearing Moisturizer
Clean and Clear Morning Burst In-Shower Facial
Palmolive Aroma Shower Gel ‘Morning Tonic’
Biotique Morning Nectar Nourishing Lotion
Elle 18 Color Bombs Color Burst Lipstick
Human Heart Nature Citrus Burst Spray Sanitizer
Fabindia Fruit Burst Lotion for Kids in Bubble Gum
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Brightening Whitening Serum
Lotus Herbals Professional Phyto Rx Skin Brightening & Clarifying Essence
Pond’s Dreamflower Skin Brightening Talc
Purederm Skin Brightening Natural Pearl Mask
Everyuth Natural Walnut Facial Scrub
Strawberry Facial Scrub – Do It Yourself
Forest Essentials Facial Scrub and Facial Treatment Masque
Freeman Pink Grapefruit Facial Exfoliating Scrub