We Indian women are extremely prone to under eye dark circles and our western counterparts are more prone for under eye fine lines and wrinkles. There are many so called treatment for these under eye dark circles; but I still haven‘t found any which will completely erase my dark circles and prevent them from reappearing. Indians are genetically prone to dark circles, and as women we are bound to have less Iron in our bodies, which further contributes to dark circles. On top of that we have to cope with long years of education, followed by extremely stressful jobs and then comes motherhood. No one can fight them, so we may as well accept them and try to adjust ourselves to the best of our abilities.
Today, I am reviewing a product called “Clinique Airbrush Concealer-02 Medium”
About the product:
• Instantly helps soften the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Light-diffusing optics brighten shadows and other imperfections.
• Creamy-light formula in a flow-through applicator for smooth brush-ons.
• Ophthalmologist tested. 0.05 oz.
• Airbrush Concealer is a light reflecting makeup must-have.
• Not only does it hide shadows but it also illuminates and perfects your complexion and eye area.
• What are you waiting for? – get Airbrushed now!
• Available in : Shades:01 Fair; 04 Neutral Fair;02 Medium
• Skin Types: All Skin Types
• Formula: Liquid Concealer
• Benefits: Softens lines and shadows, fast brush application.
How to use:
• Apply on bare skin or over foundation.
• Touch on with brush where skin needs brightening cover: inner and outer corners of eye, sides of nose.
• Finger-blend into skin using a light, patting motion.
• Build coverage by adding more when needed.
Price: 18GBP for 1.5ml
My Experience with Clinique Airbrush Concealer-02 Medium:
After my review of the Clinique Orange Brightener, today I am presenting another product for review. This is the Clinique Airbrush Concealer. It is shaped like a pen , with a cap at the top and a twist up clicking mechanism at the base. The base has to be twisted atleast 15-20 times initially, for the product to come out from the brush. After this, amount of product that comes out can be controlled by each click of the twist up mechanism. Inside the cap is a small, thin brush. The bristles are soft, yet not very pliable. They bend easily, and go to all nooks and corners of the face without poking at it. It is very convenient to conceal small imperfections on the face like age spots, small acne scars, breakouts and such. It also conceals mild shadows under the eyes, and brightens up the area considerably. The formula is smooth, creamy, providing sheer to moderate coverage, and settles into a matte finish. It will not make oily eye lids oilier. While those with dry eyelids should use a hydrating cream underneath. However, it does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles of the face.
It is available in only 3 shades and none of the shades really cater to the Indian market. These are simply numbered as 01 Fair, 02 Medium and 04 Neutral Fair. All of them will suit only fair people and amongst these only 02 has light yellow undertones. The product has some illuminators in it. These are not at your face shimmer particles rather these provide extremely subtle illuminance which give a radiant look to the skin and brightens up the area along with concealing it. The product is high in pigmentation and it gives an excellent airbrush effect to the skin. The packaging is extremely suitable for on-the- go concealing and is very ideal for minor spots and blemishes. Due to its brightening effect, it is very good for mild under eye dark circles as it conceals the shadows and brightens up the area.
This product does not cover my dark circles well at all. I don’t think it is very suitable for the Indian type of under eye dark circles. Very fair skin types may with pink undertones may try it out at the Clinique counter before buying it. However, if it does suit your needs, do buy it as it is a very decent product.
Pros of Clinique Airbrush Concealer-02 Medium:
• Good packaging
• A brush is provided for application
• Quality of brush is excellent
• Brightens up mild dark shadows while concealing them
• Does not sit into fine lines and wrinkles
• Very little amount of product is needed
• Can be easily carried during travels
• Will not make the area oily.
• Matte finish
• Airbrush effect
Cons of Clinique Airbrush Concealer-02 Medium:
• Limited availability
• Sheer coverage
• Will suit only very fair skin tones
• Has only 3 shades
• Only one shade has slight yellow undertones
Bare and after application
My rating: 3.5/5
Will I repurchase it? No
This product is very good for very fair skin people with pink undertones who already have perfect skin and need a concealer for those day to day odd blemishes. For the rest of the people, you may give this product a skip and choose amongst the so many good concealers available in the market and being reviewed on IMBB.
Clinique Even Better Concealer Orange Brightener
Clinique Quick Blush Review – Peach-in-a-Pinch
Clinique Blush and Eyeshadow Palette
Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush
Clinique Soft-Pressed Powder Blush Compact Kit
Clinique Long Last Lipstick – Blushing Nude
Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator- Natural
Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup SPF 15
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
Clinique Even Better Concealer
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup
Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation