Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation
For me, the number one criterion to decide whether a product works or not, is the appearance of pimples or hopefully the nonappearance. I have very oily, sensitive skin and even though I always use products meant for oily and pimple-prone skin, a few pass my “pimple test.” My HG daily wear tinted moisturizer is “Oriflame’s Very Me Peach Me Perfect Skin Glow.” It works fine for my everyday wear when my skin is not under a pimple attack, but it gives a sheer to medium coverage and doesn’t do anything to cover the dark blemishes or existing pimples. So, when I had a recent bout of really bad acne, I began to search for makeup which will cover the pimples without aggravating it further.
I am afraid I was unable to take a usable pic of the swatch, but the image above is a pretty accurate rendition of the shade “Fresh Sand.”
I read mixed reviews about this product on the internet. Almost “all” the reviewers though said that this product didn’t break them out, but the thing that really sold me out was a very good experience with the Clinique SA (at the Clinique counter, Shopper’s stop, Garuda mall, Bangalore). For the first time, I felt that she knew what she was doing/saying. She was patient with my whims and queries and explained everything very nicely. She wasn’t pushy either! What a change from the usual “not-so-experienced” SAs one generally comes across and surprisingly, she didn’t try to sell me a lighter shade to make me look fairer :/
I have been using the product for the past two weeks now and I am pretty satisfied. The shade is one shade darker than my skin tone, but that was really no one’s fault. I bought this product after spending a day in the sun and was tanned when the SA matched me with the product. I now mix it with my TM to get the absolutely same shade as my skin and it also makes application easier as the Clinique foundation dries quite fast.
Feels so fresh, looks so natural. Non-irritating, oil-free makeup helps blend away blemishes, neutralize redness. Medicated ingredients help treat existing breakouts and keep them from coming back.
Skin Types: 2 – Dry Combination, 3 – Oily, 4 – Very Oily
Benefits: Covers and treats acne.
Shade: 06 (Fresh sand) (M).
For reference, I am a NC 35-43 in MAC, (keeps varying with the amount of tan I have).
Pros of Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation:
- Lightweight, doesn’t feel like I have put on foundation.
- Smooth, matte texture, skin feels soft and smooth on application. Blends really well on moisturized skin, but on non-moisturized skin, it dries really fast and is difficult to work with.
- Moderate to high coverage, covers blemishes and existing pimple very well, yet doesn’t look artificial or plastic. Even on touching my face, its not apparent that I have put anything on.
- Keeps me looking fresh all day long.
- The shade, it’s the exact shade as my tanned skin. When I lose the tan, I mix it with my TM, which is a couple of shades lighter to get the most perfect shade.
- A little goes a long way, one squeeze delivers enough product to cover the entire face.
- Has a travel-friendly plastic bottle with a twist cap. Thank God! its not made of glass, I have an incurable habit of dropping stuff. :headbang:
Cons of Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation:
- The price, it is Rs. 1900!! This is the costliest skincare/makeup product I have purchased till date, but then again, this actually is the first real foundation I have bought. I have been using tinted moisturizers and soufflés previously, so really can’t say whether its costlier than other foundations of similar nature.
- Putting more than one coat makes the face look a bit cakey. I guess this might qualify as “non-buildable.” So, instead of putting a second layer, I just dab a bit of foundation on the acne/blemishes which need more coverage. The cool thing is instead of irritating the acne, it heals it :D.
- I don’t find it to control oil very well. By lunch time (about 5 hours after application), my face is dripping with oil as usual. Some of the coverage also seems to have melted away. Blotting and powdering sets things right again though.
- I have found the solution to the poor oil control though! I bought the Inglot makeup base (primer) 2 days after I realized that I need something extra to make this foundation work perfectly. The combined result is a naturally glowing, flawless looking skin and just enough oil control to make my face look mildly dewy, I am loving it! The only big con is today my makeup consisted of whole 7 steps, i.e., cleansing+toning+moisturizing+priming+concealing+foundation+setting powder!!! Phewww!!! Definitely not for daily use, maybe for bad skin days and special occasions. I need concealing only under eyes, not needed on blemishes with this foundation 😀
4/5 (-1 for poor oil control).
Clinique Happy Heart Perfume Info
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
Clinique All About Eyes Eye Gel
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Review – Dark Chocolate
Clinique Comforting Cream Cleanser
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15
Clinique High Impact Lip Colour Rosette
Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator- Natural
Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner
Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream
The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion
St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub
Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Blemish Solver
Clarins Blemish Control
Avon Solutions Total Radiance Eye Gel
Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel
Olay Men Solutions Eye Gel
Avon Solutions Plus Hydrating Gel Mask
Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser
NYX Liquid Eye Liner
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation
Loreal True Match Foundation
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
Revlon Custom Creations Foundation with SPF 15
Streetwear Color Rich Foundation: Shade Natural
28 thoughts on “Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation”
nice detailed review Oopsii :yes: and nice to know they hv smthing for me too combination-dry! :yahoo: ..but I think for your problem pertaining to oily skin/greasiness n dandruff why don’t u try something powder based…may be the mac studio fix range? just a thought !
powder based makeup clogs my pores….ven mineral powder meant for oily/pore-prone skin…… :struggle: ….real problem skin I have! But thanks for the suggestion anyway! 🙂
:specs: :specs: hmmmm 1900 and no oil control :struggle: :((
not ‘no’ control….it does stay good for like 3-4 hours….but ya for 1900 you would expect better !
Oopsi, this sounds like the Oriflame mineral therapy foundation and thanks for the review, i should try clinique quickliy :yahoo: :yahoo:
does it really….Is the oriflame one as costly?????/ if it is not I will try that next 😛
lovely review oopsi 🙂 I should try this one 🙂
yes yes do try and let me know whether it works for you too 😉
awesome oppsi. Sounds really really good. It is quite difficult to find a foundation that you really really love. glad you found yours. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
yess I knoww…today we I was wearig this my BF was like….’wow where did all your pimples go?” lol….yet he wasnt able to detect that I had put ay make up on….thats success for me :yahoo:
This looks like a good foundation. Does it contain salicylic acid?
sadly the ingredients arent mentioned :waiting:
this definitely looks like made for me…how does it wrk on open pores????
my pores around my nose has reduced consideraly….however i dont know whether it is due to this product or a more strict CTM regimen….
excellent review. It is very important that the SA is not pushy (which is something I find in H&G). and when you spend 1900 bucks on something and u rate it 4/5 I think thats a great buy..so enjoy.. :yahoo:
thanks for liking the review 🙂 and yeah its good and I am ready to buy this again and again! how rare is that !
Wow! sounds so tempting! awesome review! 🙂
nice review and the shade matches ur tone soooooooooooooooooo welllllll :yes: :yes: :yes:
yesss yess doesnt it 😀
OMG!!!! I bought this on Saturday, at the SAME Garuda mall Clinique counter!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
I know the SA u r talking abt.. She did a smokey eye look on me after applying this foundation n she was VERY helpful… I got the exact shade for me! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I agree with all ur pro n cons too.. I think I’ll repurchase this too, I’m in love with it already :love: :love: :love:
hey thats cool!!! :happydance: :happydance: great to know u have the same great experience as I have :toothygrin:
Thanks for the great review.
I have Mac studio fix foundation and its a little to heavy for me.. Even though I have blemished skin. I don’t like to cover it entirely on daily basis. I was looking for daily wear product.
What I have heard is that 5 hours is actually very good oil control. It means that for 5 hours it prevented all the oil from your skin to show. Any more would mean it’s completely blocking your pores. Which is a really bad things when it comes to acne probes skin.
Lisa eldridge has a really good video on foundation for oily skin.
Also does the revlon primer break anyone out? I can’t decide if it’s my revlon primer or Mac studio fix.