Clinique Matte Plum, Matte Peony Soft Matte Lipstick Review, Swatch, FOTD
Claims : Long-wearing formula keeps its just-applied look for hours. Non-drying, non-feathering. Full coverage, velvety, soft matte finish.
Price : Rs 1.600
My Experience with Clinique Soft Matte Lipstick
I picked up two lipsticks from the recently launched Clinique Soft Matte Lipstick lipsticks.
Soft Plum : A beautiful plummy purple. Great for all skin tones.
Soft Peony : a pretty coraly pink. Good for light to medium skin tones.
I have never been much of a Clinique makeup user but these lipsticks have literally been one of the most amazing matte lipsticks I have in my kitty.
- The most unique thing about these lipsticks is their texture They have almost feather like cushiony texture to these. The feel is sort of powdery creamy. I mean it’s quite unlike any other lipstick I have tried before and these are GOOD.
- The finish is soft matte.
- They transfer very little.
- These lipsticks neither bleed nor feather.
- Super pigmented.
- Do no dry out the lips at all. But because of the matte texture, it is best you you apply these lipsticks after scrubbing your lips a bit.
- These are neither moisturizing nor hydrating.
- The staying power is good 6+ hours and these fade evenly as a stain. The staying power of matte plum is longer than matte peony solely because matte plum is more intense shade.
- These glide on easily without tugging or pulling.
- I find the packaging a bit boring but they are okay. I like that these are weightless and sleek so they occupy less space in the pouch.
- Do not have any smell or taste to them.
- I wish that the color range was a bit wider. These are available in only 8 colors.
If you are someone who loves matte lip colors, definitley give these Clinique sot matte lipsticks a try. You’d love them.
Rating : 5/5
Swatches : top : matte plum, bottom : matte peony
Left : soft plum, right : soft peony
Clinique Long Last Lipstick – Paprika
Colorbar True Gloss in Pink Peony Review
L’Oreal Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Sheer Plum
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick – Posh Plum Review
Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick Plum Delight Review
Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Peony Goal
Maybelline 14 Hour Super Stay Lipstick Perpetual Peony Review
Clinique Long Last Lipstick – Merlot
Chambor Truly lasting Lipstick Truly Coral
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Coral Crush
Lotus Herbals Lipstick Carnation, Coral Pink Lip Liner
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow Tempting Teal 006
Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick Bamboo Pink Review
17 thoughts on “Clinique Matte Plum, Matte Peony Soft Matte Lipstick Review, Swatch, FOTD”
Wow love your hair Rati 🙂 both colors look equally good on you!
wow is the word for these lipsticks!
thanks neha :))
Peonyyyy…soooo pretty…don’t get anything here in doon
Can you please suggest a dupe for peony and Bobbi Brown pink lily? 🙂
this one from loreal looks close…https://makeupandbeauty.com/loreal-endless-lipstick-violet-attitude/
lakme : https://makeupandbeauty.com/lakme-lip-love-lipstick-coral-care/
Thank u sooo much 🙂
Soft plum is a must have shade … You looking both 🙂
lovely curls and the shades are drool drool! 5/5 means whoa!
both shades are so good! love peony more though….loved your look!!
Loved d peony n d swatches r amazing Rati. Whr can v ordr dis onln? I
Rati… I m loving the way u look now a days… Both the shades look so gorgeous on u…. Love them!!!!!!!
Love that peony shade…
I am not a purple lipstick kinda person but this soft plum is sooo beautiful!! :O ♥ I love it! and you look gorgeous as ever! 🙂 😀
Both colours look lovely on you Rati! But I am liking the plum one a bit more. I checked these at Clinique after Neha told me about their launch. But haven’t picked any yet…Looks like i need to pick at least 1 (or 2) in a jiffy! Thanks for the review…
The colors are lovely…..but I am more interested in knowing the secret behind those soft curls…
Beautiful colors Rati!!!!
what have you applied on your eyes? i want to create same winged liner…