Ever since I remember, I have extremely sensitive cheeks. In my childhood, whenever I played in the sun, my cheeks would get all red and flushed. It was never itchy nor painful; hence I never paid any attention to it. My friends used to call me “Tomato”. My mum used to warn me from playing in the sun. However, I never paid any heed. I seem to have gifted this trait to my son too.
Last summer, my parents got this for me and my father remarked, “I am almost tempted not to give you this product…I will miss my TOMATO”. I used it last year ( in summer and winter), and was subtly pleased with it.
From the website:
• What it is: An extra-gentle cleanser for redness prone skin
• What it is formulated to do: The extra gentle, non-drying cream-gel helps calm visible redness and irritation while melting away makeup and impurities. It leaves skin clean feeling comforted
• What else you need to know: Helps maintain skin’s moisture balance. For all skin types.
Directions of Use:
• Lightly massage onto skin
• Rinse with tepid water or tissue off
• Use morning and evening
• Combine with a routine including Redness Solutions Moisturising Specialist, Daily Relief Cream or Urgent Relief Cream
• Daily protective base SPF 15 is recommended
Key Ingredients: Lactobacillus plantarum (repairs the skin’s barrier), Squalene (Cleanses), Sea whip extract and oat extract (soothe), Caffeine (Reduces irritation)
Ingredients:Water, Squalene, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber), Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Sucrose Stearate, Sea whip, Cholesterol, Helianthuus Annus (Sunflower), Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria), Acetyl Glucosamine, PPG-20 Methyl Glucoser Ether, Caffeine, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Yellow 5, Blue 1.
Price: 17 GBP for 150 ml
My Experience with Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser
This comes in a green color tube with a silver cap. The product is faintly green in a color with a very nice herbal, extremely mild fragrance. The product is cream based, which has to be applied on dry skin. It dissolves into an oily, non-foaming residue which has to be washed off with tepid water.
It is cooling on the skin, especially in hot summers. However, the cooling effect does not last long. The formula is non-foaming, hence extremely good on dry to sensitive skin. The product on rinsing leaves a non-sticky film (maybe due to silicones), which might protect from further redness, but I find it extremely annoying. This product does reduce my redness extremely well; however I find that this is not a permanent solution to the problem. People with acne, rosacea and extremely sensitive skin may like it a lot. It removes makeup well enough, but I have to use a separate eye makeup remover along with it. On the whole, I find it a good, gentle product which will be beneficial especially for dry to sensitive problem skin types.
The Clinique Redness Solutions has a few other products, which on continuous use together might prove to be very beneficial. It does not have any major harmful ingredients, and I find that it does not dry out my skin, nor does it break me out at all. I also use it on days when I am wearing very minimal to no makeup.’
Pros of Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser
• Very Gentle
• Cooling effect on skin
• No major harmful ingredient
• Suitable for all skin types
• Non-foaming formula
• Does not dry out skin
• Does not contain oil, so suitable for oily skin as well
• Reduces redness
• Fragrance is pleasant, very mild almost non-existent
Cons of Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser
• Not a permanent solution
• Leaves a film on skin, which may be removed with a toner.
• Not a very good makeup remover
IMBB rating: 4/5
I actually like this cleanser since it delivers what it says without making any tall claims. It is extremely gentle on the skin and a moderate makeup remover. It is good for all skin types and has many key useful ingredients on its list.