WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello beauties, hope you all doing great. Today I am going to review a must have summer product (actually not only summers but year round). Yes you guessed it right! It’s a sun screen. When it comes to tanning it scares me like anything. :tremble: I tan a lot during summers. And trust me for wheatish complexion like mine; it’s a matter of big concern. You cannot avoid sun all the time. And with the fear of UV A and UV B, your skin is not safe even indoors. So yes who comes to our rescue? Our beloved sunscreen! So today let me review this product from Clinique which I purchased around 2 months back specially for intense sun protection. 🙂
Quantity:- 50 ml
Price:- INR 1100/-
Also available in SPF 15 and SPF 30 variants. 🙂
How to Use?
• Apply liberally before sun exposure and as needed.
• Reapply every 2 hours or after towel drying, swimming or perspiring. Use enough sunscreen to get its full measure og protection.
• Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
Who should use? All skin types. Children below 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
Packaging:– It comes in a yellow squeeze tube with a flap on top. Its not that huge and travel friendly. It comes in one size only. I find it pretty good to carry along in my purse for reapplications. 🙂
What Clinique says about their product?
Worship your skinTM. Our guiding dermatologists have always preached caution in the sun. Used liberally and religiously, Clinique Sun care is our best defense from skin damage delivered in formulas gentle enough for all skins, even the most sensitive.
What makes Clinique Sun so special?
It’s new dimension in protection-advanced defense and repair. Innovative SolarSmart technology stabilizes UVA/UVB protection to defend against the aging and burning effects of the sun. Adds a barrier repair and solar-activated antioxidants to help prevent signs of aging. And because Clinique scientists believe fragrance plus sun exposure equals irritation-could even cause dark spots-Clinique Sun formulas are 100% fragrance free.
• Allergy tested
• Dermatologist tested
Important to know about sun protection- UVA rays age skin, UVB rays burn it. Clinique Sun formulas provide an elevated level of defense from both. Even help protect against long and short rays within UVA.
When it comes to skin products, I have learnt it through big ways –no compromise. Hence for me it should be the best. I did have pigmentation problems earlier and hence choosing a sunscreen was a difficult thing. I had to travel to Goa and Delhi. I was going to be under extreme sun exposure for most of the day hours. So I chose the highest SPF formula. Even the SA said I should go for this one. I trusted her and got the SPF 50 face cream. I apply it as the last step i.e. after CTM. I loved the way it gets absorbed in my skin and no greasy feel or oiliness. It does not even lay a white casting like most other sunscreens do. It forms a very nice base for my make-up too. It never broke me out. I have been using this since almost a month and half now. Coming to the sun protection part….it failed me in the Goa heat. I got tanned badly. But yes I was ignorant about reapplying too. 🙁 I did not pay much attention about tanning in all the fun. And I regret that now. Then I tried another sunscreen which helped me decently but broke me out. So I started using this again and yes it has been working fine with the Mumbai weather. No complaints now! I apply it even when I am indoors. (yes UV rays can penetrate right into your house 😛 )
The cream is not very thick nor does it have runny consistency. It gets absorbed like magic.
Swatch of the product:
Just a little spreading on the skin.
Here it is absorbed fully into my skin. No oiliness at all. And skin feels smooth and supple.
Pros of Clinique Face Cream SPF 50
1. Yes it does give a good protection if used in correct manner.
2. Non-oily. Even after 2 hours you won’t see any oiliness because of the sunscreen.
3. Non-comedogenic. It does not clog your pores.
4. 100% fragrance free. Yes this is with all the Clinique products. 🙂
5. Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested. So it’s safe for girls having most sensitive skins also.
6. Does not leave any white cast.
7. Gets absorbed into the skin very fast. And does not cause any sweating on the face which I experience with heavy creams and lotions.
8. Its water and sweat resistant.
9. Quantity is pretty decent. This tube will last me almost 4 months even when I apply a liberal about on my face and neck. 🙂
Cons of Clinique face Cream SPF 50
1. Price might be a big con for many. Yes the products are at higher end but they are effective too.
2. If not re-applied every 2-3 hours (as I forgot and regret) then it might not work in extremely harsh sun exposure and result in tanning. However, I did not have any sun burns on my face as I had on my arms. So still this was effective against sun burns.
Rating:- :star: :star: :star: :star: (-1 for the 2 cons mentioned above)
Have you used Clinique Face Cream SPF 50? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Oriflame Calming Face Cream with Blueberry & Lavender Extracts Review
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Review
Biotique Red Sandalwood Lotion With SPF 50 Review
Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock Spray with SPF 50 Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 and Garnier Sun Control Moisturizer Review
Lotus Herbals UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50 Review