Coastal Scents 28 Piece Eye Shadow Neutral Palette
Everyone that follows makeup gurus on youtube must have heard the mention of Coastal scents palette and its awesomeness. So after much thought and temptation(mostly temptations) I got the Coastal Scents 28 Neutral eyeshadow Palette($18.95 ). I got this over their more popular 88 colour eyeshadow palette because as a makeup newbie, I fear colour.
I also do not prefer shimmer so I got the neutral palette as they have many matte shades. The neutral palette also has larger quality of each shade compared to the 88 ones. Also this palette is made based on Mac neutral palette shades.
I ordered it while I was in the US so it cost me $5 extra for shipping. They also ship to India,
thought I am unsure about the mailing cost. Their packaging is pretty good, so I am sure transportation all over to India should not damage the product.
As stated on their website-
This 28 piece eye shadow palette with defining colors comes with an assortment of neutral tones in shimmer and matte shades. Several of the powders will work as a shadow OR a blush! This palette is perfect for everyone when applying a natural effect makeup. Upcoming brides to be will especially benefit from the colors this palette has to offer.
28 eye shadow colors
matte black case when closed =9″ x 5.97″ x 0.41″ (22.9cm x 15.2cm x 1cm)
pot diameter =1″ (2.5cm)
Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.
Some of the dark shades zoomed.
Some of the dark shades zoomed
The light shades are pretty light especially the white ones. They could be more pigmented.
But they will definitely show well with a primer.
The dark ones are pretty pigmented and show pretty well without any base.
To sum it up-
Pros of Coastal Scents 28 Piece Eyeshadow Neutral Palette
- Inexpensive. Costs almost as much as one Mac shadow.
- Great dupes for Mac shades.
- Wide choice for whites, creams , pinks and browns.
- Great for matte shades.
- Few pinks can be used as blushes.
- Great for everyday, office looks.
Cons of Coastal Scents 28 Piece Eyeshadow Neutral Palette
- Some colours are chalky.
- Too many similar white/light shades.
- No grey shades.
- No mirror.
- No foam tip applicators.
- Black shadow is not that black.
- I would recommend this palette for anyone without any good collection of neutral shades.
- This is a good beginner palette to figure out which range of neutrals suits one’s requirement.
- They can be mixed and matched with any other colourful shades of blues/greens/purples etc
- to come up with nice smokey eye looks. It is a great palette for gifting too.
- People who love shimmer could however opt for Coastal scents Warm palette. I love this palette and based on my experiments with the shades, I can now buy my most used shades
- equivalent from Mac. Here is the Mac dupes I labeled using information from the net.
Also Read :
- Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette Review
- Online Makeup Shopping: Coastal Scents Brushes Haul
- Coastal Scents 88 Palette
PS : Nikki has re-designed IMBB e book with a new look. It looks absolutely gorgeous.We’ll send the updated version to our subscribers shortly. :)) Oh! check the header of IMBB as well. All credit to her. – Rati