I am back with my DIYs. I love anything that promises to make me beautiful, soft and yummy smelling. But, I am always afraid to try the chemical laden products. So, I try and make them myself. Today’s DIY is my favourite of all the DIYs that I have tried till date. This is the vanilla bath salt! I am telling you guys before hand that after you use this, your skin is going to smell amazing! Let us get started!
Things you will need:
- Epsom salt.
- Baking soda.
- Vanilla Fragrance or essential oil.
- Almond oil or any oil.
- Cocoa powder for color and yummy fragrance (Optional).
- Take some epsom salt (Crush it, if the particles are too big. I realised this a bit late).
- Add some baking soda and cocoa powder to it.
- Add the vanilla extract or the essential oil.
- Add some oil if you have dry skin.
- Mix it nicely and you are done!
Wasn’t it too simple?
- You can substitute the cocoa powder with coffee powder.
- If you have oily skin, then you may skip the almond oil. Just simply add the vanilla to it.
- Use this bath salt only once a week.
- You can use this as a scrub too! But just once a week.
- Do not try to rub hard, be gentle while using it on your skin.
Some benefits of:
- Epsom salt: Epsom salt is known to soothe the body, ease stress and relax your mind. It also relieves muscular pain, removes blackheads, body odor, dead skin cells and smoothens out rough skin etc.
- Baking soda: It is used to get rid of acne! Surprising no? I never knew it! It also helps to lighten up blemishes, remove blackheads, open up your pores and prevent them from clogging. Along with this it helps to firm the skin and brighten it!
- Cocoa powder: It is known to provide smooth, radiant and healthy looking skin and also adds a subtle glow to the skin. It not only moisturises the skin but also promotes collagen production for firmer skin. Cocoa powder also helps to prevent blemishes.
Do try this simple DIY and let me know how it worked for you!
Image Source: 1
Natural Hair Spa Treatment at Home
20 Minutes To Soft and Beautiful Hands
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack
4 Green Beauty DIY Recipes
Layer’r Wottagirl Vanilla Twist Body Splash
How To Use Bath Salts
Khadi Bath Salt Crystal with Rose & Almond Oil
Nivea Cocoa Lip Butter
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Body Lotion