Coconut and Almond Butter Lip Balm: Do It Yourself
Hey my dear friends,
This is my first do it yourself article here and happy to share this with all of you. Lip balms, lip butter, or any lip treatment are always a must-have for us. We try different methods to keep our lips soft and prevent it from chapping or any damage. Taking care of lips is really important because that’s where our smile comes from. So, I always love to try different lip balms and butter. One fine day, I thought why not make my own lip balm with almond butter and here I am to share that with you all.
Things needed to make the lip balm:
- Petroleum Jelly- Four tablespoons.
- Coconut Oil – Two Drops.
- Homemade Almond Butter – One Tablespoon.
- Honey – Two Drops.
- Clarified Butter- One Tablespoon.
- Cardamom – A pinch.
How To Make:
1. First mix Petroleum Jelly, Clarified Butter and Almond Butter in a bowl. If you are using stove, then keep the bowl and wait till the jelly melts and all the ingredients mix together. If you are going to use microwave, then put the said ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 2 minutes. By this, we will have a melted jelly.
2. Then, add Honey and Coconut Oil to it and mix well till you get a thick consistency like this. Those who don’t like coconut oil smell that much can add a pinch of cardamom to it. I added and it did smell good.
3. The final step is to keep it to set. I kept the mixture in freezer for 10 minutes and I got the lip balm in good consistency.
How To Make Almond Butter:
When I wanted to make the lip balm, I thought of adding almond butter to it as it keeps lips soft. So, instead of getting it from the shop, I wanted to make it on my own. The procedure is really simple. Take half a cup of almonds and put it in a blender. I used coffee grinder since it gives me a fine texture. Then, start blending the almonds. For the first 5 minutes, it will become a fine powder, after that the oil in the almonds starts reacting and it will soon turn into a nice paste. That’s when our almond butter is ready. One thing to keep in mind is the entire process takes 15-20 minutes and you have to continuously bring all the powder to paste form.
Benefits of this lip balm:
- Almond is helpful in curing chapped lips and prevents lip from drying.
- Coconut Oil is a natural moisturizer for lips.
- Honey gives the softness and a nice effect to the lips.
- Clarified Butter gives a nice flavor to the lip balm and also helps in reducing the dark spots on lips.
So, do try this one and enjoy soft and bright lips.
Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil Hair Pack for Damaged Hair
How To Make Coconut Lemon Body Butter: Do It Yourself
The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter
Boots Coconut & Almond Intensive Hair Treatment
FabIndia Rose and Almond Body Butter
L’occitane Almond Delicious Paste
L’occitane Almond Milk Concentrate
The Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Butter
Lush Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter
Nivea Repair & Beauty Lip Balm
NYX Color Lip Balm – Asante
Burt’s Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm With Acai Berry
Lipice Lip Balm Orange
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Aroma Magic Almond Nourishing Cream
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Lotus Herbals Face Pack Review: Teatreeclear,Claywhite, Marinyouth
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
Aroma Magic Mineral Face Pack Detoxifying Mask
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Dhathri Fairness Face Pack
Aroma Magic Calamine Face Pack Acne Skin
Everyuth Home Facial- Papaya Face Pack
Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream
Garnier Wrinkle Lift Anti-Ageing Cream
Everyuth Natural Cucumber Face Pack
Biotique Milk Protein Face Pack
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Freeman Clay Mask with Avocado and Oatmeal
Lotus Herbals Skin Polisher : Kiwi & Grapes
11 thoughts on “Coconut and Almond Butter Lip Balm: Do It Yourself”
I am tempted to try it in a small quantity *happydance*
Its best to use in small quantities Neha..will be fresh and wonderful 🙂
Looks nice and nourishing!!! *happydance* *woot*
Yes Vidhi your lips will be soft and refreshing after you start using it… *happydance*
oh am so lazy….send me some when you make the next batch…am super tempted *drool*
rofl OK then please for me too! 😛 *hihi*
do try it..its really good.. 🙂
This sounds really great *drool* i will also try it and see if i can make one like this one lol *hihi* *hihi* *hihi*
I love this DIY! *thankyou*
sounds interesting 🙂
my comment went moderation