WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Collagen is a term we come across very often in the world of beauty, and off late, collagen facials are also in vogue, but a few of us are aware of what ‘collagen’ exactly is. Collagen is actually a kind of protein, which is produced by our bodies naturally and it has a vital role to play in maintaining elasticity of skin, keeping it firm and in proper shape. With the onset of ageing process, collagen starts to break down and automatically, skin becomes, wrinkled, saggy and craggy. To combat this problem of aging skin and to maintain youthful appearance, a special type of facial with anti-aging qualities is collagen facial. Not that I have tried it as I am in my mid-twenties and somehow, it never occurred to me that I need something like a collagen facial at the moment, but I was curious and hence, my curiosity led me to research and write this article.
What Does a Collagen Facial Include?
A collagen facial includes steps like:
- Skin cleansing.
- Collagen facial exfoliation to remove dead cells and at the same time to restore moisture level, while doing away with hyper pigmentation.
- Application of detox face mask, which contains vitamins, minerals and acids to boost elastin and collagen production to give your skin anti-aging benefits.
- Massaging with concentrated collagen face cream.
Benefits of a Collagen Facial:
- It helps to retard the gradual aging process of your skin by reloading your skin with natural proteins by means of external application.
- It imparts youthful glow to your skin.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Collagen Facial – Things To Remember:
Collagen facial is effective if done under expert guidance. Any collagen facial treatment, for that matter, should be under the discretion of a professional. You might need to go for a patch test before collagen facial to determine if you are allergic to the ingredients to be used. Moreover, collagen facial is generally available in a select few salons; hence, do your research well before you decide on a collagen facial. The needs of your skin tend to vary with age from one person to another and thus, leave it on your skin expert to ensure whether or not you need a collagen facial treatment.
How To Do Collagen Facial at Home:
You can also like to try your own collagen facial at home. It is possible to purchase liquid collagen so that you can apply it on your skin during your homemade facial session. However, you can surely eliminate the hassle of buying and using liquid collagen and do collagen facial with natural and easily available ingredients which help to boost collagen production in your skin.
- Cleanse your skin, with any cleanser that suits your skin type, preferably with besan and milk if you want a natural option.
- Mix a spoon of creamy avocado pulp with a kiwi fruit, sans the hairy skin outside. Smash them together in a bowl and apply the mixture on your skin. Leave on for 30 minutes.
- Wipe off the mask with wet cloth and rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Massage your facial skin with a good-quality anti-aging cream, which would help in collagen production.
- Do this at regular intervals, to reap the best benefits.
This practice can be started even when you are in your twenties as it is said that the earliest phase of skin aging starts from this time. A stitch in time saves nine; therefore, there is no harm in doing this homemade collagen facial at least once every month to get youthful skin, always!
All About Aromatherapy Facials
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Body Lotion – Lavender Vanilla
Crabtree and Evelyn Aromatherapy Distillations Floral Body Smoother
Botanical Aromatherapy Face Mask Geranium
Aromatherapy Relaxing Foot Massage
The world of Aromatherapy in a nut shell
All About Pearl Facial
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
VLCC Pearl Facial Kit
How To Do Salon Type Facial At Home
Biotique Natural Miracles For Age Control Facial Kit
Shahnaz Husain 24 Carat Gold Facial Kit
Garnier Light 3 in 1 Fairness Facial
VLCC Diamond Facial Kit
L’Oreal Paris Pearl Perfect Facial Foam
Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan