Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
Colorbar has launched its new range for lipsticks called Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipsticks.
Claims : The Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick has a special matte formula that makes it easy to apply. Sets within seconds of application and makes your lips look fuller. Its waterproof formulation makes it last for up to 8 hours. Enriched with vitamin E, the Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick is smooth, creamy and gives excellent color without drying or cracking the lips also acting as a natural antioxidant against skin ageing. Available in 6 shades.
Price : Rs 550
My Experience with Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick:
- These lipsticks come in a sleek silver casing. Once you open the cap, the lipsticks are encased in plastic grey covering.I like the pretty packaging, easier to carry. Also the caps are tight.
- I have three of the six shades from the Colorbar long wear lipstick range.
Truffle is a an earthy brown colour. Soft shade and would suit a lot of Indian skin tones. A nice subtle colour for office wear.
Plum Show is a bright fuchsia plum shade.
Tempt me a terracotta brown colour. It has a little orange undertone. On lips, truffle and tempt me look quite similar. i just feel Truffle would be an easier colour to pull off.
Rest 3 shades:
- The long wear lipstick is matte. It is super pigmented and opaque.
- The lipstick doesn’t smear or smudge even though every shade is pretty bright.
- It stays on my lips for 4 hours. These 4 hours include a full meal and some snack munching. Even after a full meal, the colour is still on my lips. Without a meal and just snacks, the lipstick stay on even longer. I would put this Colorbar range in “long wear lipstick” category.
- It is quite drying but not so drying to make your lips uncomfortable. If you have chapped lips, these might not be a good option for you.
- The lipstick doesn’t have any weird smell.
- Colorbar has packed this lipstick nicely. The color stickers are stuck at the bottom of the lipstick so it is easier to locate. Just store it upside down in a mug and you are sorted.
- It makes my lips look fuller.
The not so good things about Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick:
- The shade selection is very limited. 4 out of 6 lipsticks are brown.
- It does not live up to the 8 hour stay on claim. I think that would hold true only if you don’t eat, drink or talk.
- I think it’s expensive at Rs 550. Most Colorbar lipsticks are priced anything between 200-350/-
Overall I think these are good picks for working women both in terms of staying power and shade selection.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-* + 0.5
Have you tried Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick?
Sent by brand for consideration.