Skin-tone: fair to medium
Skin-type: combination and acne prone
Colorbar recently came up with 2 new blushes and I actually liked them at the first sight. I am not a big-time blush user. I use blushes only during the festive season and for parties, but this one intrigued me. Colorbar has come up with a concept for 3 shades in one blush; this concept looked pretty new to me as such kinds are not present in the Indian market. So read the review to know how this super cute blush worked for me.
Price: INR 1200
• Unique Blusher with colors that melt into each other for giving your cheeks a delicate glow or sculpting the cheekbones to create evenly & professional – Level look
• A silky, impalpable texture that blends magically with the skin, creating an absolutely natural and even effect.
• Fine powders guarantee a velvety touch, while ultra-fine pigments ensure excellent colour yield and high blendability.
• Apply on cheeks with the Face Blender Brush, and to the rest of the face for a subtle luminosity.
Differentiate step by step
• Begin with the contour, or darkest, shade in your Instant Cheekbones palette and apply to the hollow space below the cheekbone.
• Apply the medium shade to the apples of your cheeks and sweep upwards toward the hairline to get the perfect flush
• For a youthful glow, highlight the tops of your cheeks with the lightest shade.
My Experience with Colorbar Luminous Rose Luminous Rouge Blush:
Packaging: The Colorbar blush comes in a silver box with the details written over it. The box has a little window which lets you have a look at the shade. The blush itself comes in a silver pan and a transparent lid, and I can see the beauty of the blush. I have to say this blush looks extremely gorgeous.
It is pressed in a beautiful texture with the 3 pretty shades popping up. The pan is a handy one hence can be taken out during travels. The pan closes with a click so no chances of the blush getting opened on its own. This blush might seem a bit expensive as Colorbar is a drugstore brand, but it is completely acceptable because it contains 3 shades, the quantity is huge, and the quality is great too.
Shade: The shade “Luminous Rose” is a super pretty trio of pinks. It has a baby pink, a bright raspberry pink, and a deep plum shade. I like the pink over the coral one because of my soft corner for pinks. The shades can be used differently as well and they do perform the way the brand claims, but it just looks too pink on me since my skin-tone is fair. So, I blend all the shades and use them together as a bright pink blush.
The shade looks very natural on me if blended correctly. It does add that freshness and luminosity to my face making my skin look healthier. This is one shade which will suit all the skin-tones since the pigmentation is powerful. It can be worn through the day and for evening parties too. It reveals a lot of femininity and makes you look cuter. I think it is the perfect pink to own as I like such bright pinks.
Texture and pigmentation: The texture of the blush is beautiful. It is not chalky or greasy at all. In fact, the powder glides super smoothly on my skin without a lot of efforts. The powder is fine and gives a flawless flush to my cheeks. It has really fine shimmers that give a “luminous” look and they do not look cheap at all. The color looks very natural on my skin. The pigmentation is just unbelievable!
A lot of blushes have disappointed me by not showing up on my skin properly. But, dude, this is like incredible! Just one swipe and I have a flush of color on my cheeks. But this could be a con too as it might give me clown cheeks. I have to be very careful while applying this as the pigmentation is high. So we need to pick up a very little amount and then top it up if more is required. Some efforts with the blending, and I get the perfect look.
Staying power: The blush lasts around 6 hours on my skin without a foundation. But mostly we use blushes over a foundation which increases the staying power too. Over a foundation, it stays for 7-8 hours depending upon the skin-type. It does not budge as such or cause fall-out. Also, it comes off easily with a make-up remover.
So, all in all, a great blush to own!
Pros of Colorbar Luminous Rose Luminous Rouge Blush:
• See-through, handy packaging
• Looks super luxurious in tri-shaded pink
• 3 shades in one blush
• The 3 shades can be used individually or you can mix all three
• Beautiful texture
• Glides super smoothly
• Extremely pigmented
• Luminous Rose gives a beautiful bright pink shade when blended together
• Gives a pretty flush to my face
• Will suit all skin-tones
• Makes my face look very fresh and cheerful
• Stays for 7-8 hours with a foundation
• Easily available
Cons of Colorbar Luminous Rose Luminous Rouge Blush:
• Will give you clown cheeks if over-done
• Proper application and blending is required as pigmentation is strong
• Expensive as Colorbar is a drug-store brand (but worth it)
IMBB Rating: 4.3/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Colorbar Luminous Rose Luminous Rouge Blush?
I wouldn’t pick it up again because this will go a long way as the quantity is huge. But I would definitely recommend it if you are hunting for a blush that will last long on your cheeks and give that perfect flush of color.
There is one more shade in this range called “Coral”. So if you like the cute look then this is the one for you else go for the Coral one if you want that sexy, sun-kissed look.
Colorbar Hydra White Intense Whitening Hydrating Anti Spot Serum
Colorbar Ready to Wink Perfect Eye Makeup Kit
Colorbar Cheek Illusion Blush – Coral Craving
Colorbar CheekIllusion Blush – Earthy Touch
Colorbar Cheek Illusion Blush – Rosey Peach
Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick Pepper
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick – Desert Rose
Streetwear Color Rich Mega Shine Lipgloss – Valentine Rose